Looking at your precious hair falling while brushing, combing, oiling, washing and even drying is no less than a heartbreak in itself. The hair fall rant wouldn't ever end but your hair fall could. Let us get into the ancient chinese world to borrow some spices to stop the hair fall and hair fall rant once and for all. By consuming these ancient spices we can surely bring an end to the hair fall story in a natural and chemical free way.
There can be many factors responsible for hair loss from nutrient deficiency to change of products and from hormonal change to hard water and many more. Chinese believe that the root cause behind the weakening of your weakening roots and hair loss is the lack of proper blood circulation. The herbs used help to promote proper blood circulation through the scalp, helps to provide important nutrients and oxygen to the roots, have detoxifying properties and hence help in activating the hair follicles which in turn is responsible for the strengthening and healthy regrowth of hair.
Here we have listed some ancient chinese herbs along with their benefits, dosage and side effects to help you reduce hair loss naturally.
1# Reishi Mushroom
Scientifically known as Ganoderma Lucidum, reishi mushroom is a chinese herb that is popular for its medicinal properties all over Asia and is grown in a hot and humid climate. The highly nutritious mushrooms can be consumed either in a powdered form or as a whole.
- As they are low in calories and have a high nutritional value they help to cure the hair fall caused due to the excessive heat build up in the body.
- Traditionally used to treat scalp boils and alopecia, this herb also has some immunity building properties which help in the significant growth of the white blood cells in the body.
- Rich in antioxidants, this herb prevents the damage caused by the free radicals to the cells and helps in dilating the blood vessels which ensures that the blood flows freely towards the hair roots and promotes hair growth by providing essential nutrients.
- Not just this but the antiviral, antibacterial and anticarcinogenic properties of reishi mushrooms helps to prevent hair fall caused due to any kind of bacterial infection on your scalp.
A herb that can be consumed in the form of powder or as a whole, the dosage of Reishi mushroom substantially depends upon the type being used.
- The highest dose of the reishi mushroom is consumed in the form of raw mushroom that should be somewhere between 25 to 85 grams and is ideally said to be around 50 grams.
- The dose of dried mushroom extract is usually 10 times less than the raw mushroom itself and hence should be approximately 5 grams.
- For the powdered supplement form one must read the packaging label carefully and follow the dosage instructions given on it as it might differ from one brand to the other.
A magic herb that helps you to cure hair loss and strengthen your hair might not have much but some side effects on excessive consumption such as upset stomach, dizziness and dry mouth.
2# Nu Shen Zi
Made from the ripe fruits of Nu Shen Zi plant this herb is also known as Ligustrum Lucidum or Glossy Privet which is known for removing toxins from the different parts of the body like kidney and liver.
- This herb comes with some antiviral properties that helps in detoxification and promotes the purification of blood, blood circulation, cleanliness and in turn promotes healthy hair growth.
The appropriate dosage of Nu Shen Zi despite it being a natural herb depends upon a varios factors like an individual’s age, weight, height and health conditions. It is recommended that one should consult a doctor before consuming this herb for any reason whatsoever to know about the dosage best suited for their physical factors and medical conditions.
If consumed in the right amount this herb is said to be safe for adults but should be strictly avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding women and people who are allergic to the pollen plants.
3# He Shou Wu
Being used for over thousands of years as a traditional chinese medicine, He Shou Wu or Tuber Fleece Flower Root is a medicinal herb well known for its hair growth benefits.
- As it consists of compounds that inhibit reductase enzymes it not just helps in reducing hair fall but is also effective in stimulating the growth of new hair follicles.
- Also known for improving the kidney and liver health this herb helps in the proper detoxification of the body which leads to proper blood flow in the scalp and helps prevent further hair loss.
The appropriate dosage of this herb depends upon a varios factors like an individual’s age, weight, height and health conditions. It is recommended that one should consult a doctor before consuming this herb for any reason whatsoever to know about the dosage best suited for their physical factors and medical conditions.
Despite being used for treating various health conditions apart from hair fall, this ancient herb has some side effects that might pertain if a high dosage of the herb is consumed. The common side effects of this herb are abdominal pain, diarrhea and nausea.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.