These Ayurvedic Medicines Provide Relief from Loose Motion
- Loose motions cause abdominal pain and dehydration
- Along with stopping it, body should be kept hydrated
- Salt, glucose and lemon in boiled water works as an instant ayurvedic remedy
- To hydrate the body, take rice gruel instead of plain water
The main concern in treating a patient suffering from loose motions is to prevent dehydration. The loss of fluids and salts from the body can cause serious problems if not addressed in time. In severe cases, the patient may be required to be kept on drips. As an immediate ayurveda remedy, you should give the patient boiled water with a bit of salt, one spoon of glucose and lemon. This drink can also be used for keeping the lips moist in case the patient has vomited after taking food. Give rice gruel instead of plain water.
Also read: What are the causes of Indigestion?
Ayurvedic Remedies for Treatment of Loose Motions
- Ingest 3 grams of Javitri with whey
- Mix Ajwain oil, fennel oil, sow oil and camphor in equal proportions. Mix one drop of this mixture with yoghurt or a sugar cube or teaspoon of sugar, mix it with water and drink. This mixture used to be very popular for nausea and vomiting in India
- Make 300 grams of mixture with equal proportions of Trikatu, Asafoetida, ginger, nutmeg, black salt and lemon juice
- Dried peel of pomegranate fruit is also used to make Ayurvedic medicine for loose motions. Take 3 or 4 pieces of the dried peel and mix with 2 cups of water. Boil at medium heat with the mouth covered. You can add 2 cubes of cane sugar or crystals of sugar to it. Keep boiling till the mixture left in the vessel is half. Take this after an hour of having your meal
- The dried pomegranate peels can also be used with curd. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and mix it with a cup of thick curd. It needs to be taken on an empty stomach
- Get powders of 60 grams of Lavanbhasakr Churn, 5 grams of Shankh Bhasam and Safed Jeera, and 3 grams of Lodhra and Sonth. Make 16 equal divisions of this mixture and have one daily with yoghurt
- In case the loose motions are caused by diarrhoea, take 5 gram haritaki and 1 gram fennel to make a 50 ml decoction. Give the mixture to the patient whenever he feels thirsty. This can be administered for three days
- For acute cases of loose motions, make a decoction of 200 ml with 100 grams of Rasnaut, 1 gram of Kutaj, 5 grams of Bael, 5 grams of Isabgol and 1 gram of Gond katira. You need to dissolve the ingredients in water and drink it
- Loose motion tend to dehydrate the body. Along with all the abovementioned ayurvedic remedies for loose motions, make sure to consume enough water and other liquids such as juices. However, steer clear of diuretics like caffeine and soda
Read more articles on Ayurveda.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 07, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.