From Cardio to yoga, our favourite B-town celebrities often engage into various activities to keep themselves fit. Soha Ali Khan is one such celebrity who is very keen about her fitness and her instagram handle itself is a testimonial for it. The 43 YO bollywood actress who herself is a fitness freak also keeps her followers motivated by sharing her workout pictures every now and then. Recently Soha Ali Khan took to her instagram account and gave motivation to the netizens by sharing a video of her working out. In this video, Soha can be seen taking up the stairs in a very unusual way in a squat position. t. The actress captioned this short workout video as- “Take the stairs! But not the usual way…”. As a stair can easily be found anywhere and everywhere let us take a look at the benefits of performing a stair workout along with simple ways to perform this exercise.
Benefits of Stair Exercise
In most of the cases where people prefer to take lifts instead of stairs to stay in their comfort zone, climbing stairs is known to be helpful in keeping one fit and active. Who knew that these stairs can actually be turned out into a workout area.
View this post on Instagram
As climbing the stairs up and down is considered to be an exercise on its own, in this video Soha Ali Khan can be seen making it a bit more challenging by combining it with squats. As she can be seen climbing the stairs into a squat position and then in a plank position. Doing so tends to increase the intensity of the workout and helps in working out the core and leg muscles.
Here are some of the benefits of performing a staircase workout-
- Helps in providing strength to the lower body
- Helps in toning the leg muscles
- Workouts the core muscles
- Is effecting in burning fat
- Improves blood circulation and increases blood flow
- Makes your legs flexible
- Reduces the thigh and hip fat
- Helps In reducing belly and abdominal fat
- Activates leg muscles
- Improves endurance
- Gets your heart working
- Is good for cardiovascular health
- Boosts up the metabolism
- Is effective calorie burning exercise
How to Perform Stair Exercises?
Just looking at people exercising and getting to know about its benefits is not going to make you healthy and fit. In order to tone that body and to reap the other benefits of the stair exercise, follow these given instructions and include these two exercises in your workout routine to get a toned body like Soha’s.
Image Credits- Getty Images
- Start off by standing straight at the bottom of a staircase.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart and bend from your knees so that you are in a squat position.
- Join both your hands and lock them together in order to improve the balance.
- Lift your left foot and place it onto the first step and do the same with the right one while staying in the squat position.
- Climb all the way up to the stairs and come back to normal position.
- Now turn around, get back into the squat position while joining your hands.
- Get down the staircase in the same position slowly and steadily.
- Get into a plank position on the base of the staircase.
- Ensure that your back is in a straight line and is not too up or too low.
- Slowly crawl forward while holding onto this position.
- Place your hands onto the first stair slowly and steadily,
- Crawl your way up by being on all fours.
Indulging into different kinds of exercises and staying active not just helps a person in weight management but is also beneficial for your overall health. Where stair exercises are something that can be easily performed by anyone. As you do not require several gym equipment to perform this exercise, add this into your routine to reap its benefits.