Most exercises are designed for a specific area of the body. But there are certain exercises that can give you full-body workout benefits.
You cannot escape from exercising if you wish to stay fit and young. While weight management is possible without workout, if you want to tone your body and get a sculpted look, exercising is a must. Also, many people think that they need to do separate exercises according to the body part they want to tone. This is applicable only if you want to work in a particular area of the body. You can easily tone the entire body with one exercise. There are many workouts that allow full-body toning, check them out.
This is one of the basic exercises that one can do at any time of the day. This is a no-equipment workout which is an added bonus. Situps mainly target your abdominal muscles.
- Lie on the ground to your back and fold your knees such that the feet are touching the ground.
- Take your hands behind the back and lock the wrists.
- Try to lift your body from the head without straining your neck.
- This engages your core.
- Try to touch your legs with the chest and then get back to the starting position.
These are highly popular and commonly practiced by fitness enthusiasts. Pushups are meant to work on muscle toning and strengthening.
- Get into the plank position with your palm touching the floor.
- Make sure that the body is tight and muscles are not loose.
- Bend your elbows and start pushups by lowering your body to touch the floor.
- Return back and repeat his 15-20 times.
Squats is one of the best overall body toning exercise that not only strengthens the core but also allows faster calorie burns. It builds core strength while improving flexibility.
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-width apart and arms on the sides.
- Start to bend your knees in a virtual sitting setup until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Stay in the position for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
If you are facing trouble with body balancing, lunges are best to improve body balance. It provides strength to your legs and glutes to enhance functions.
- Stand straight and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Put your left leg forward and slowly bend your knees until they become parallel to the ground.
- Do push up with your left foot and get back to the original position.
- Repeat the same with your right leg.
This exercise can only be done with a synchronised mind and body. You should learn to do controlled movements while exercising each muscle of the body. Here is how to do side plank:
- Lie down with your back and then turn your body to the right side in such a way that the left leg is stacked on the right leg.
- Place the right forearm on the ground such that the right elbow is under the shoulder.
- Try to contract the core body and tighten the spine.
- Try to lift your knees and hips off the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same with the left side.
All these exercises can be done by beginners too. The most important here is to do a proper warm up to not harm the body in any way. Also, it is a must to know that each person may take to master any exercise. Only regular practice can make one perfect. So keep exercising, stay healthy.
Read more articles on Exercise & Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.