This COVID-19 pandemic has taught us one of the most important health lessons- Immunity Is Very Important. Until now, we were negligent towards strengthening our immunity but this outbreak made us realize the gravity of immunity in holding back our health in place. A stronger immune system builds a stronger defense against hostile elements. This article focuses on the importance of immunity and simple ways to boost the immune system.
Why is immunity important?
If you are feeling healthy and heart today, it is because your immune system is good. You’ll get to know the fault in the system once you fall sick or get an infection. The immune system is made up of immune cells that protect the body against damaging factors such as viruses, bacteria and other hostile elements. The immune system recognises body cells and keeps alien cells at bay to prevent illnesses. The body would produce antibodies to fight the illness-causing bacteria or viruses. Thus, the immune system acts as a protective barrier for the body.
Signs of a weak immune system
If your immune system is in good working order, you’d probably not fell ill. But a weaker immune system would make you a potential target of hostile microorganisms. It is very important that you identify the signs of weak immunity and take the necessary steps to fix it. Here are some signs and symptoms of a weak immune system:
- You get cold easily even if the season is favourable
- Your stress levels are always up or let’s just say that you are mostly stressed
- You frequently encounter upset stomach or constipation or diarrhoea
- You get infections and allergies easily
- Your wounds take time to heal
Tips to Strengthen Your Immunity Naturally
If you are wondering that immunity is a natural factor and you cannot control it, you are wrong! There are various steps that you can take to naturally upscale your immunity. We have listed down some tips that are proven to strengthen immunity if you religiously follow these:
- Drink a lot of fluids like water, coconut water, unsweetened juices and herbal teas
- Consume foods that boost immunity
- Avoid unnecessary stress and learn to stay calm
- Be physically active and exercise daily
- Take a restful sleep at the night. You can also use a pillow spray to help get an uninterrupted sleep
Boost immunity with food
You must be hearing about a lot of foods and immunity-boosting kadhas like ayush kwath these days, right? This is because foods and diet play a very important role in boosting immunity. Watching your diet is the need of the hour and adding immunity-boosting foods to your plate is necessary. Find below the list of foods that can boost immunity:
- Probiotic foods
- Holy basil
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Vitamin C-rich fruits such as lemons, oranges, kiwis
In a nutshell, your immunity totally depends on your food choices and lifestyle actions. What you do, what you eat decides your immunity. You can easily strengthen your immunity by following in tips mentioned in this article.
Read More Articles in Home Remedies