To help you deal with the toxic air around you, here is a list of home remedies that will cleanse your lungs and boost your immunity.
As the national capital gets into the grip of high pollution and the smog reaches a hazardous level, it exposes people to some serious and deadly diseases. If you have been coughing endlessly or have irritated eyes, then you need to be extra careful. This is a time to take the necessary steps to protect your health. To help you deal with the toxic air around you, here is a list of home remedies that will cleanse your lungs and boost your immunity.
Ginger to Detoxify Your Lungs
Ginger + Honey + Lemon Tea
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which help fight cough and congestion. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C which can boost your immunity and honey reduces cough.
Mix grated ginger, a tablespoon of honey and 4-5 drops of lemon in one cup of water. Boil the mixture until half and strain it. Drink it warm to cleanse your lungs.
Turmeric + Ginger Milk
Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful agent, helps control cough, cold and congestion. It contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. A drink containing both ginger and turmeric will help you fight the ill effects of pollution.
Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and grated ginger to a glass of milk. Let it boil for a while and have it warm. You can also add honey if you’d like.
Ginger + Basil Tea
Ginger and basil are great for detoxifying the body of the pollutants. Ginger and basil can help ease nausea and improve appetite. It also relieves congestion and throat pain.
Add a spoon of grated ginger and 5- 6 basil leaves in 2 glasses of boiled water. Boil it for 5 minutes and strain it off. If you’d like, you can add honey in the mixture. This tea tastes good and has the ability to fight air pollution.
Other Steps You Should Include:
- Avoid going on morning walks to avoid breathing in toxic air.
- Use masks when you go outdoors.
- Do not allow your children to go out in such weather as kids have a weaker immune system so they are more prone to diseases.
- Install good quality air purifiers in your home to cleanse the air inside your houses.
- Take steam every morning to detoxify your body and relax your air-passages to help remove the accumulation of harmful pollutants in the body.
- Jaggery is great to help cleanse the lungs of the pollutants. You can use jaggery instead of sugar in your drinks.
- Eat a diet rich in vitamin C, magnesium and omega fatty acids to fight off the ill effects of pollution.
Read More on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.