The pollution hasn’t settled down yet and the winter season is here, which makes it double trouble for human health. The deteriorating air quality, dropping AQI, increasing smog and cold climate altogether is making it difficult to live without health problems. From breathing issues to sore throat to cough to scratchy nose to irritated eyes, all make our life hell. No matter how much we try to prevent ourselves from getting any of these, we just can’t escape.
Sore throat is one of the most common problems these days. Pollution and weather both affect our throat health which gets worse if not treated on time. A lot of us just rush to a medical store to get medicine for ailing throat, honestly, these don’t work. This would just lessen the symptoms but won’t completely treat sore throat. If you really want your sore throat to heal quickly and completely, we have a solution for you. DIY ginger wrap as a home remedy for sore throat. This natural treatment can efficiently treat your condition overnight! Also, you don’t have to go anywhere. This is made using kitchen ingredients that are there in your pantry. Without further ado, let’s make this DIY ginger wrap and get relief from the cold and sore throat within a few hours.
- Grated ginger
- Wheat flour
How To Make:
- In a bowl, add grated ginger, flour, honey and oil. Mix them well.
- Take a napkin and put some of the mixtures on it.
- Place this napkin on your chest and tape it.
- Leave overnight and make sure that you don’t remove it before 8-9 hours.
This DIY wrap works best as an overnight remedy as your more relaxed at that time. Therefore, apply this before going to sleep.
Why This Works?
Ginger is widely used in treated seasonal illness, especially in the winter season. This spiced root has warm properties and therefore it makes the skin sweat which helps to release cold from the body.
NOTE: Be cautious when using this on children as their skin is sensitive as compared to adults.
The concoction of ginger and honey is extensively used in cold remedies due to their amazing healing properties. It helps in treating almost all kinds of seasonal viral infections.
- Ginger has a pungent aroma that works as an expectorant to wash down toxins and irritants in your throat. Also, it expels mucus and opens sinus to provide the utmost relief from cold symptoms.
- Honey has soothing properties that calm the irritated throat. Its sweet taste minimizes the pungent taste of ginger.
Apart from cough and cold, a ginger wrap is also useful in fat reduction. As this makes the body sweat, it is found to be helpful in cutting down unnecessary fat from the body.
Read More On Home Remedies