Do you know what is a fistula? It is an unusual connection between two internal organs that aren’t connected otherwise. This happens after an injury or inflammation in an internal organ or sometimes, after an infection. Generally, fistula forms around the anus which is called anus fistula. The other fistulas are: urinary tract fistula, enteroenteral Fistula and Colocutaneous Fistula. These might do damage to your health if left untreated. This may cause serious infections, nerve damage, and even kidney failure in extreme case which not only increases trauma. While this condition can only be medically treated by a doctor, you can try some home remedies to ease the condition.
Clove is a great Indian spice and you can easily find this in every household. Apart from being rich in flavors, it is also rich in anti-bacterial properties that address numerous health conditions. Here, cloves would prevent the growth of infection in your body which might be the primary cause of fistula.
- Make clove water by boiling a few cloves in water and drink it warm.
- You may also add a pinch of clove powder in your regular black or green tea to get similar benefits.
Also Read: How To Use Clove For Constipation?
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is one of the best oils for health. Not only it is used for skin issues but also for numerous other health complications too. It is loaded with antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can use tea tree oil for fistula as it kills the germs that cause infection.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil.
- Take a cotton pad and dip it in the oil mixture.
- Dab on the affected areas and leave it for 30-40 minutes. After that, wash it off.
- This is particularly good for the patients of anal fistula. Do this every day until you get relief.
Is there anything that ginger tea doesn’t help with! From cold, cough to fistula, it is a universal remedy. It better your stomach health which helps to control the condition of fistula.
Just sip one cup o ginger tea daily.
Turmeric milk is a magical concoction that is known to boost health in multiple ways. Turmeric is rich in antibacterial properties which gives the required boost to your immune system. It is indeed one of the best and most effective home remedies for fistula.
- Make turmeric milk by boiling a pinch of turmeric powder in milk. You may add honey for sweetening the drink but do not add sugar.
- If possible, drink this regularly and you’ll feel the change.
Oregano Leaves Oil
The amazing therapeutic properties of oregano leaves oil can cure the fistula. You just have to drink this oil by mixing it in lukewarm water. This will significantly reduce the painful symptoms of fistula.
Read More On Home Remedies