How to get rid of pimple and pimple marks (home remedies)? A pimple is a skin condition that develops when the skin's pores get clogged with oil, dust causing swollen red bumps on the skin's surface. Spots can appear anywhere on the skin, but they mostly occur on the face. While both men and women can develop abscesses at any age, it is widespread in people undergoing puberty. During puberty, the human body undergoes hormonal changes, and that’s when there is an increase in hormones called androgens. This spike in hormones causes your skin's pores to over-activate and produce excess oil which ultimately clogs your skin's pores, causing pimples. Talking about the statistics related to nail pimples, about 54 per cent of the people are suffering from nail pimples. The main reason for acne is oil gland. Because when these oil glands get affected due to an infection. So the problem of nail pimples arises. The issue of acne is more in those whose skin is more oily.
Types of pimples on face and reasons behind them
Learn about different kinds of pimples by Dr Deepa K, DDVL, DNB(Cosmetology), Apollo Clinic
- Cysts: It's a severe acne problem filled with pus or other liquids and feel soft to the touch. Cystic acne is expected along the face and jawline, or even as bacne. Caused by the usual trifecta of excess oil, dead skin, and bacteria, cysts are a particularly stubborn form of the breakout, lingering for weeks or even months.
- Acne Vulgaris: Commonly known as Acne, this skin condition involves the development of blackheads, whiteheads, and other types of pimples on the skin. While moderate to mild acne can be treated over the counter treatments, severe forms should be reported to a dermatologist.
- Blackheads: Unlike whiteheads, blackheads are known as open comedones because the pore's head remains open to the air. Try to avoid using pore strips to pull out blackheads. Pore strips are an abrasive, temporary fix that can damage your skin's top layer, making acne worse.
- Whiteheads: One of the most typical acne forms that appear on the skin as small or medium bumps, usually whitish or skin-tone in colour. It should not be removed or fixed by squeezing them, so don’t try to pop them on your own. Otherwise, you may end up with scarring.
- Pustules: When a pimple/ whitehead gets inflamed, it causes the formation of spots. These look like white rings with a red bump, and these usually have pus. People need to avoid picking or squeezing these pimples as they can leave scars and dark spots.
- Comedones: A primary acne lesion is a hair follicle that once clogged with oil, and dead skin can cause bumps on the skin in the form of whiteheads and blackheads.
Which diseases can cause pimples on face? Explains BAMS Expert
If seen, acne is a skin problem, but it can give signs of many dangerous conditions. Let us know that acne diseases -
- Digestive system malfunction
- Infertility (childlessness)
- Blood-related disease
Apart from all these, some disorders and diseases are caused by pimples, so it is essential to prevent spots.
Here are some ways of reducing the severity of pimples by Dr DM Mahajan, Senior Consultant, Dermatology Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Understand your skin type- While people with oily skin are more likely to get pimples, it is essential to understand your skin type and how it behaves when exposed to different temperatures.
- Manage stress- Stress can make pimples worse; it is scientifically proven that your body produces more oil when stressed. Hence manage your stress with practices like yoga and meditation.
- Do not touch your face- Throughout the day, your hands might touch various surfaces and be potent carriers of bacteria, hence avoiding touching your face with your hands.
- Wash your face correctly – It is essential to remove excess oil, dirt and sweat from the face, hence washing your face regularly is very important.
- Avoid wearing makeup whenever possible- Covering zits with makeup for prolonged hours can clog pores and trigger outbreaks.
- Moisturising is essential- Use moisturisers that are fragrance-free (synthetic fragrance) and are not very oil-based.
- Maintain a healthy diet avoid having food that is high in carbs and calories, choose fibres and proteins instead.
- Stay hydrated- To keep your body well-hydrated, drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day.
- Please do not use harsh soaps that make your skin dry, and it might aggravate acne.
If you are troubled by PIMPLES, then do try this Ayurvedic treatment
According to Ayurveda, pitta dosha and phlegm dosha are considered to be the cause of acne. "Mukhadushikais (Pimples) is one of the most common problems noticed nowadays, characterized by Shalmali kantaka Vata (thorn-like) eruptions on the face. It is seen more as a cosmetic point of view than a medical one. In Ayurvedic texts, it finds its place under the heading of Kshudra rogas which are considered minor diseases. But in exceptional cases like Mukhadushika, these can produce a significant cosmetic disability and gives rise to much mental distress" states Dr Pooja Kohli, VP - Ayurveda Growth, Nirogstreet.
According to Ayurveda Diet and lifestyle has an essential role in managing any disease, so following modification are recommended by Dr Pooja Kohli, if you are suffering from pimples: -
- Few treatments like Virechana Jaluka-avcharan (Leech therapy) has outstanding results in pimples, and these two treatments should be taken under the guidance of Ayurveda consultants.
- Sound sleep is recommended with the proper schedule as sleeping late at night and getting up after sunrise increases pitta in the body, leading to the skin problem.
- Apply the paste of turmeric, rose water and sandalwood, on the affected area and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. Then wash it with cold water.
- Apply neem paste on the affected area to get good results; in fact, neem can be taken internally too to get more results in pimples.
- Aloe Vera is one of the plants with a cooling effect and taking its pulp every day in the morning helps maintain pitta dosh.
- Every night before sleeping Avipatikar Churan 5to 10gms should be taken to pacify pitta in the body.
- Spicy, sour, oily and packaged food must be avoided. Fresh fruits and vegetables are recommended.
- Intake of herbs is recommended, which has a cooling effect on the body like Amla, Mint etc.
- Apply honey on the skin and wash off after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Herbal soaps are recommended to wash face frequently.
- Irritant cosmetics should not be used.
- Pimples must be left untouched.
Ayurvedic treatment of acne by Dr Chanchal Sharma
Acne is ignored by most of us by saying that it is a minor skin problem, but it can have many serious consequences. Byt it can be wholly cured through Ayurvedic treatment. Ayurvedic treatment directly hits the root of the disease and can eliminate the disease soon. According to Ayurveda, first of all, to treat acne, you should adopt a healthy lifestyle and put full emphasis on a balanced diet. Ayurveda says that the root of every disease or disease is it is related to food and lifestyle.
- Eat papaya and apply the paste to the face.
- Olive oil is also beneficial.
Read more articles on Skincare