Menopause, a consequence of ageing, triggers a hormonal imbalance in the body and causes several symptoms. Menopause is an important stage of female life. When we talk about menopause, it indicates one of the shifting health stages for a woman as till this stage she has gone through various essential stages like puberty, menarche and pregnancy through which her body has experienced various hormonal changes. Menopause is one of the last remnants of hormonal change in which monthly cleansing in the form of menstrual cycle stops. This is also divided into two stages: perimenopause and menopause. In the premenopausal stage the cycle is still going on, but females usually face hot flushes, sleep disorder and mood swing symptoms whereas in menopause continuously twelve cycles are missed, and signs are more precise and prominent. Common symptoms and signs of menopause include itching and dry skin, night sweats, brittle nail and hair, fatigue and weight gain. However, do not be dejected as the menopausal signs and symptoms can be managed well by resorting to natural home remedies. To treat these signs and symptoms, take help of the enlisted natural cures for menopausal symptoms.
These few home remedies will help follow a daily regimen, which balances pitta and Vata, daily exercise or yoga, and meditation.
- Six months or a year, females should go for panchakarma therapies as all these symptoms occur due to the accumulation of toxins (ama) in the body, which can be removed with panchakarma therapies.
- For hot flushes female need to avoid spicy food, caffeine products and food having hot potency. Meals should include items having cold strength and green vegetables along with seasonal fruits.
- One teaspoon aloe-vera along with a pinch of turmeric is taken every morning as it has cooling properties. If hot flushes are more, the gel of aloe-vera can be applied on feet and palms.
- Keep yourself Hydrated: To ease hot flashes, drink at least eight glasses of water. You may also take 800 mg of primrose oil three times a day to prevent night sweats.
- Apart from this 30-minute yoga and 30 minutes’ meditation, every morning will help a female keep herself calm and manage mood swings.
- Taking proper seven to eight-hour sleep will also help this stage as this is the stage of slowing down and taking care of health.
- After consulting with Ayurveda physicians, few herbs like Ashwagandha, Arjun, garlic, and turmeric should be added daily.
- Putting two drops of anu tail in each nostril every morning helps manage stress caused by hormonal changes.
- For sound sleep, massage at feet at bedtime with Lukewarm sesame oil or coconut oil will be helpful.
- Eating one amla every day manages pitta and symptoms of hot flush and palpitation will be reduced.
- Management of weight by following a healthy diet and lifestyle will also help.
- The meal should include supplements of calcium and iron.
(With inputs from Dr Pooja Kohli, VP - Ayurveda Growth, NirogStreet)
Read more articles on Home remedies