As you know liver is the second largest organ in your body, after the skin and also known as the master of detoxification. Incredibly, the liver is the only internal organ in the human body that can recover. What many don't know is that with even only 25 percent of liver tissue left, the liver can recover and re-grow to its total size. Furthermore, it can perform similarly just as it did before after its re-growth.
Though liver has this amazing ability to re-grow, there are many factors that increase the risk of damage and disease like- Unhealthy diet
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Hepatitis viruses
- Excessive intake of medicines
- Toxins from the environment
Common types of liver diseases are:
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Liver cancer
- Fatty liver disease
There are many ways to keep your liver healthy like – drink alcohol to some extent or quit drinking completely, add healthy foods to your diet, exercise regularly, keep a watch on your medicine consumption, prevent viral hepatitis and detoxify your liver.
Many foods and juices can help in cleansing the liver and remove toxins out of your body. Here are 4 best juices that work best on fatty liver.
Watercress is said to help in blood filtration and the guideline of natural liquids, as well as decrease the danger of inflammation. This purifying refreshment is regularly prescribed to patients with hepatitis.
- 500 ml of water
- 1 cup watercress (washed and finely chopped)
- Total preparation time – 15 minutes
- Boil the water
- Take it off from the stove
- Add the watercress and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Drink this juice throughout the day (for 3 days)
Strawberry and watermelon juice
This low-calorie drink, not only keeps your body hydrated and refreshed, but also prevent it from free radical damage and liver ailments.
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 2 cups watermelon (roughly chopped)
- 1 liter water
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Total preparation time – 40 minutes
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, except the rosemary sprigs
- Blend the mixture well
- Add the rosemary sprigs
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Drink every 4 to 6 hours for 3 days
Beetroot is a ground-breaking root crop that contains antioxidants and blood purifying compounds. Not just that, it is additionally known to work in disposing of heavy metals and protecting the body from liver cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- 1 beetroot (sliced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 glass water
- Total preparation time – 10 minutes
- Add the beetroot, lemon juice and water to a blender
- Beat for seconds
- On an empty stomach drink this juice for 7 days (only in the morning)
Orange and ginger juice
Do you know orange juice helps in liver detoxification, warding off chronic liver disease and getting rid of toxins and wastes from your body?
- 1 cup freshly squeezes orange juice
- Grated 1 tsp ginger
- 2 glasses of water
- Total preparation time – 20 minutes
- Add the orange juice and ginger to 2 glasses of water
- Mix it well
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Drink this juice every morning (for 3 days)
Read more articles on Healthy Diet