Neem is not just a tree but a miraculous tree in terms of medicinal properties and health benefits. There are a lot of mentions about the Neem tree and its parts in Ayurveda. From leaves to stem to fruit and roots, all of these have healing properties. The Sanskrit name of Neem is Nimba whose meaning is good health. Neem is bitter in taste but there cannot be anything better than this for holistic health and healing. It takes care of internal as well as external issues. Mainly, neem is used for addressing skin issues like acne, psoriasis, chickenpox, etc. With this article, we are telling you the benefits of bathing with neem leaves water.
Neem and Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, the tradition of bathing with neem water has been going on for centuries. Bathing with neem water helps in avoiding seasonal infections and enhancing immunity. Bathing with neem water especially during the summer season is considered extremely beneficial. It helps in full-body detoxification. Explore more health benefits of bathing with neem water below.
Benefits of bathing with neem water
Here are several advantages of bathing with neem water that you can receive if you bath with neem leaves every day. Most of these are skin-related issues as our skin reflects the toxicity more.
- Bathing with Neem leaves water also helps you to cure pimples, blemishes and blackheads.
- Bathing with neem water during summer can save you from skin problems. In summer, bathing with neem water can keep away prickly rash, pimples and skin allergies.
- Neem is known for its antibacterial properties, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, which help to relieve skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and chickenpox. People who have chickenpox are advised to keep neem around them and bathe with neem water to treat chickenpox.
- Taking a bath with Neem water helps in removing body odor.
- Bathing with neem water is also a good solution to get rid of dandruff and scaly scalp in hair. This gives your hair shine and it also helps in closing the open pores to treat scalp inflammation and infections.
- Neem water helps in eliminating your fatigue and eliminating eye allergies.
Make Neem Water For Bathing
Here is the right way to make neem water and get benefited.
- Heat your bath water and add 2 sprigs of neem leaves in it while heating.
- Let the water heat up for 20 minutes and then wait for it to cool down.
- Your bath water is ready.
Other ways to use neem
You can use neem in many ways. It can also be used by taking, applying and making face and hair masks.
# 1. You can make neem ka karah or neem drink and consume it. It is a great immunity booster drink.
#2. Make a paste of neem and use it for your skin problems.
# 3. Take a bath with neem water, it will work like a full body detox. If you want, you can also make a neem face pack and hair pack, which helps remove all the problems of your skin and hair.
Many of you might be enjoying your aroma shower baths but they won't provide you benefits that this offbeat neem water bath does. You must try this once and we bet, you would be surprised to see the positive results.
Read More Articles in Mind and Body