THE JUICE OF NEEM LEAVES IS A TREASURE OF HEALTH: Neem has been considered a miraculous tree in Ayurveda. Nature has given us the neem tree as a natural healer. Every part including neem root, fruit, leaves, twig and bark is used for medicine. Neem controls cholesterol along with purifying our blood, which helps protect us from many diseases. Neem is also very beneficial for our body, skin and hair. There are a lot of benefits having a neem juice we need to take care of the quantity, season, the constitution of that person.
If you are wondering how, then Dr Priyanka Sampat, Head Doctor, Birla Ayurveda is going to tell you about the benefits of juice extracted from neem leaves, which provide many benefits along with keeping your health healthy.
NEEM JUICE CLEANSES THE BLOOD: The juice extracted from neem leaves is a blood-purifying medicine which also helps in reducing LDL ie Bad cholesterol.
- Externally and internally neem juice helps for hair issues like dandruff, hair fall
- Also, there are references where neem juice nasyam(nasal drops installation)effective in baldness and early greying of hair.
- Neem based products or plain neem juice is applied on the scalp for the better scalp.
TREATS MALARIA AND JAUNDICE
The juice extracted from neem leaves can cure diseases like malaria and jaundice. Due to the anti-bacterial properties, neem prevents the virus responsible for malaria from growing and also makes the liver strong. Jaundice is cured if it is consumed by mixing honey (with the juice of neem leaves). As neem is closely related with blood, according to Ayurveda blood is formed in liver hence neem has its direct action on the liver. Hence it is used in pathologies with a liver like fatty liver etc. It is also used in condition lie malaria, dengue wherein there is damage to liver seen. Other conditions where Neem is helpful:
- Maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Works as antiviral hence we can use in viral fevers fro consumption, external application, neem leaf fumes (dhoopan)
- Cardiac issues
Also Read: The Benefits of Ginger Essential Oil During Winters
NEEM JUICE BENEFICIAL FOR EYES
Due to the excessive use of mobiles and computers, the blue light emitted causes the maximum damage to the eyes and this also weakens the eyesight. If you have conjunctivitis disease (in your eyes), then using neem water will cure it.
- Neem helps in better digestion as it balances the doshas.
- It mainly balances the pitta and Kapha dosha which are responsible for a lot of acidic issues in the body.
- It improves body immunity.
- This is the main reason why neem juice is consumed on Gudi padwa which is the start of spring(vasanat rutu) as this is the season when the body has liquid toxins in the bloodstream.
PROTECTS AGAINST DIABETES
Diabetes is a dangerous disease and the number of patients is increasing continuously due to irregular routines. Increasing the amount of sugar in the blood causes diabetes. If you drink neem juice every day, then your blood sugar level will not increase and you will not have the disease like diabetes. Diabetic patients can also normalize their blood sugar levels by consuming it.
Also Read: Are Essential Oils Safe For Babies?
TEETH AND GUMS
In case of bleeding from the gums and pyorrhea, it is beneficial to rinse the inner bark or leaves of neem stem in water. This makes the gums and teeth strong. Drinking decoction of neem flowers is also beneficial in teeth diseases. The germs found in the teeth are destroyed by applying neem teeth daily. Overall, the use of neem in any way is beneficial for the teeth.
REDUCES PAIN IN PREGNANCY
Drinking neem water during pregnancy reduces the pain in the vagina during pregnancy. Massaging with neem juice is beneficial to reduce pain during labour. If neem water is given to the woman for a few days after delivery, it prevents infection.
- It might create excess dryness in tissue cell so avoid in dryness conditions
- Excess intake might affect the quality of sperm/egg
- Avoid during pregnancy
- Excess consumption in kids should be avoided orally
EFFECTIVE IN REMOVING PIMPLES
Neem water is very effective in eliminating pimples. Apply neem juice on the face, it removes pimples. If the face is massaged with neem water, the moisture in the face is retained and the skin is improved. We have been using it conventionally since ages for glowing skin.
- Clears the skin has a radiant effect of the skin
- Reduces spots, blemishes on the skin.
- Neem juice can be consumed for the mentioned effects.
- Neem is the blood purifier, hence any skin issues like pimples, eczema, abscess neem is used etc
Read more such articles in Home Remedies section