Less hair growth is a very common beauty care problem. Check out these natural DIY solutions to prevent and treat this issue at home. Read on.
Just like our skin, our hair also requires proper care attention and nourishment, so that they can look healthy and young, instead of rough and damage. A strong hair care routine can provide several benefits along with bringing back the volume and lustre to your thinning hair. It is not mandatory to visit the salon and spend a few bucks to maintain your hair care regime. However, you can also make use of some at home natural therapies on your scalp and hair for hair growth, which will also save you some time and money. Hair fall is a persisting problem that can be difficult to get rid of. Moreover, the usage of chemically made hair colour and dyes can also be harmful for your hair. Ammonia and peroxide present in them can lead to hair fall, split ends, weak hair and lustre loss. Loss of hair is even embarrassing for some people in social situations.
One of the most visible signs of high stress levels is hair fall. Hair fall does not stop on its own and needs to be controlled with different medical or natural treatments. There are medicines that can help in coping up with this hair care issue. Consistent increase in hair fall can deeply impact your hair growth. You can also try yoga for hair loss, drink plenty of water, exercise and take a healthy and nutritious diet to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. However, after going through a lot of stress and hair loss, there is aneed of TLC in the form of natural home remedies. Read this article further to know about some DIY natural solutions for hair growth at home.
How to control hair fall?
Hair loss and hair fall are two most common symptoms of a vitamin deficiency. A lot of people experience hair loss even before they reach the age of 50, which requires quick hair growth remedies. Biotin and iron, when too low, can be factors behind hair loss. You should have meat, fish, eggs, legumes, dark leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, as they are good sources of iron and zinc. Besides diet, there are natural ingredients that can be combined to make solutions for hair growth at home. They are:
1. Onion juice and apple cider vinegar
- 3 chopped onions
- Two tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Crush the three onions to extract the juice
- Then, add the apple cider vinegar in the onion juice in a bowl
- Apply this DIY hair solution on your scalp and hair
- You will see better results in a few weeks
How is it useful:
Onion juice contains sulfur which promotes hair growth and also prevents hair loss. You can leave onion juice on your scalp even for the whole night. It might have a foul odor but will also give positive hair care results. On the other hand, apple cider vinegar cleans the scalp and improves hair growth along with restoring and maintaining the pH balance. There are apple cider vinegar hair oils available in the market that can help in bringing back the natural pH balance of both hair and scalp.
2. Kalonji seeds and olive oil
- One tablespoon kalonji seeds
- Two tablespoon olive oil
- Grind one tablespoon of kalonji seeds in a grinder
- Take a bowl or bottle with some olive or coconut oil and add the powdered form of kalonji to it
- The oil will be ready to apply on your hair in around 2-3 days
- Make sure to heat some oil before applying on your head
How is it useful:
Another natural and common kitchen ingredient that is famous for promoting hair growth is kalonji seeds. These seeds are rich in vitamins A, B and C and nutrients such as magnesium, zinc, iron potassium and important fatty acids, all of them come together to do wonders for your scalp and hair. These can make a successful hair care regime and give healthy, problem free hair. Kalonji seeds when combined with your hair oil, be it olive or coconut, can also treat split ends and naturally condition the hair.
3. Shikakai solution
- Ritha (soap nuts)
- Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- Dried hibiscus powder
- Methi seeds
- Soak shikakai, ritha, chopped amla, methi seeds in water for the entire night
- In the morning, crush all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Then, strain the liquid carefully using a strainer and remove all the solid parts
- Heat this solution until it becomes lukewarm and mix dried hibiscus powder in it
- Apply the shikakai mixture on your hair and scalp
- Let it stay for around 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with normal water
- You won't feel the need of using shampoo on your hair after this because your strands will be cleaned properly
How is it useful:
This effective DIY shikakai powder recipe works wonders especially for weak and dry hair. Stress does not just result in hair loss, but it also takes away the shine and volume. This natural solution helps in bringing back that shine and making the hair thicker. Teamed up with regular oiling, applying this shikakai on your hair can help in reducing hair fall, which also leads to new hair growth.
4. Lemon and amla juice
- Two tablespoon amla juice
- Two tablespoon lemon juice
- Make a solution using a two tablespoon of both amla Juice and lemon juice
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and keep massaging it gently
- After 15-20 minutes, wash your hair with lukewarm water
Now is it useful:
Dandruff is possibly the most common hair care problem that can affect hair growth. Both amla and lemon juice together can help in resolving this issue. The antioxidants couples with Vitamin C promote hair growth while improving the colour and texture of hair. You can easily find these two in most of the Indian households. You can also have raw amla, amla juice or an amla pickle to include this in your diet.
5. Onion juice and lavender oil
- 3 chopped onions
- Few drops of lavender oil
- Blend the chopped onions in a grinder to extract the juice out of it
- Then, mix it with a few drops of lavender oil
- Massage on your scalp an hour before washing your hair and shampoo properly
- Make sure to get all of the onion juice out of your hair and scalp to avoid the foul smell
How is it useful:
A common natural ingredient that is used for hair growth is onion juice. The vegetable is high in sulphur and can help in treating several hair problems, including hair fall as well. If you mix it with lavender oil, this DIY solution will prove to be even more effective. It is enriched with rejuvenating and antibacterial properties that can soothe any kind of scalp infections and strengthen hair roots, which hence promotes hair growth.
Following these DIY hair solution recipes can help in promoting hair growth at home, along with other benefits such as lustrous and strong strands. You can try some of these hair growth tips and add them to your hair care routine. A few changes to your hair-care regime along with some lifestyle moderations can do a lot to reverse hair loss and promote hair growth with time. You can even talk to an expert if there is very less hair growth or now growing due to excessive hair fall.
Read more articles on Hair care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.