21-Days Nationwide Lockdown: The NDMC has put collectively a team of equipped mentors and set up helplines for individuals who have acquired psychic health problems, like stress and sadness, from staying under lockdown for an extended time due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. The NDMC has joined up with a non-governmental organisation named ‘Vision Divyang Foundation’, which will harmonise with Ira Singhal (Keshavpuram's deputy commissioner of the north body). The mobile numbers of eleven counsellors (PG diplomas in guidance, counselling and masters’ degrees in psychology) have been given out on the public body’s Twitter and Facebook handles. Their assistance will be accessible until the lockdown continues.
- According to Ira Singhal, in India, a lot of importance on the physical fitness of people has been laid (but sadly, not as much on psychic wellness). Even in prisons, the highest penalty is isolated detention. So, in a position like this, where a community of over one hundred and thirty crore individuals are under house quarantine, there is connected to be emotional connotations.
- Originally, the NDMC had involved the mentors to talk to only coronavirus patients in sanitariums, those under house quarantine and their family members. According to Mukesh Gupta (coordinator of the counsellors) in common, all the callers are told to stay cool and involve in tasks which give them pleasure. Also, if following government guidelines, you will be safe and get over the COVID-19 problem.
#IndiaFightsCorona:— Ministry of Health ���� #StayHome #StaySafe (@MoHFW_INDIA) March 29, 2020
Link to Psycho Social Behavioural Resources provided in Homepage of MoHFW - https://t.co/ZyNn7BnqOt#SwasthaBharat #CoronaOutbreak @PMOIndia @drharshvardhan @AshwiniKChoubey @PIB_India @MEAIndia @MoCA_GoI @PIBHomeAffairs @DDNewslive @airnewsalerts
AYUSH doctors helpline to instruct on diet and Yoga
- The NDMC has also deputed all its sixty-eight practitioners from the Ayurved, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy and Naturopathy (AYUSH department) to instruct people regarding the maintenance a healthy lifestyle and diet during the lockdown.
- According to Rashmi Singh, additional commissioner of the north corporation, food choices have become somewhat reduced at this point, and running in gyms or parks is also not plausible. So we are getting a lot of questions about food and speculation, particularly from diabetes. Our physicians are rigorously following the ‘Telemedicine’ guidelines set down by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Varsha Joshi, the north body commissioner, said the civil action is working to help all its residents through “non-contact practices. Right now, it is challenging to attend dispensaries or clinics. So telemedicine is a great idea to go, hope people find the initiatives useful.
Some mental health helplines available from 9 am to 1 pm
Take care of your mental health and well-being during the #COVID19 outbreak.
Get help for these concerns from NIMHANS. See details below.
#CoronaOutbreak #SwasthaBharat #HealthForAll pic.twitter.com/EX3fZoXH9g
— Ministry of Health ���� #StayHome #StaySafe (@MoHFW_INDIA) March 29, 2020
Some mental health helplines available from 1 pm to 5 pm
AYUSH helpline numbers
Read more articles on Mind & Body