Yoga has a wide range of holistic health benefits. It is an ancient form of exercise which is also a natural way of life for many people. It not only protects your inner and mental health but also provides treatment for skin and hair problems. If you are someone who is tired of hair fall, less volume and want your tresses to be longer, there are a number of yoga asanas that can help out with better hair growth and volume. Read further to know about yoga poses that can help in faster hair growth and volume.
Yoga poses for hair growth and volume
Here is a list of 5 yoga asanas for hair growth and volume:
Kapalabhati is a mind-body yoga pose that rejuvenates and cleanses you from within. This breathing exercise can help in clearing off the toxins from kapal, meaning the entire head or face area, hence promoting improved oxygen supply and reducing free radicals, also boosting hair growth. In fact, it helps in minimising stress and anxiety, which are can also be makor factors behind hair fall.
How to do:
- Kneel your back, neck, and head straight while sitting in a crossed leg position
- Keep your hands on the knees, with your palms facing upwards and let all your muscles relax
- Take a deep breath and exhale all the air while contracting all the abdominal muscles
- Repeat this asana for atleast two minutes
Sirasana, which is also known as headstand stimulates blood circulation in your scalp which further helps in minimising hair loss, thinning and balding. This yoga asana is good for new hair growth and prevents greying of hair. It helps the hair follicles to have a good growth ability which ultimately improves your hair growth.
How to do:
- Kneel down and lock your fingers and keep them behind your head
- Then, bend down and touch your forehead to the ground
- Provide support to your head with your hands
- Raise up your legs gradually and stand upside down by taking support of the floor
- Place your legs near each other and keep the arms straight
- When your body is stable in this yoga asana, try and stay in this balance for a few seconds
Matsyasana, which is also called the fish pose, this is one of the most effective and famous poses for healthy, long and smooth hair. It is very easy to practice at home and can be done quickly without using any equipment, just like the other asanas mentioned above. The fish pose is known to treat most hair care issues with everyday yoga practice.
How to do:
- To perform matsyasana, lie down on your back and bend your knees
- Then, keep your hands next to the buttocks with your hands facing down
- Try to raise your level up by involving your core musvkes but make sure that the head is still touching the ground
- Your neck should be completely stretched in this pose
- Stretch as much as possible and hold it for a few seconds
Uttanasana yoga pose also benefits your hair growth. When you bend down in the standing position to touch your head to the knees, there is a huge increase in the blood circulation to your scalp. This yoga pose is very easy to practice and effective for hair care as well. It can relax your muscles and improve blood and oxygen flow to the head and scalp which helps the hair follicles to grow long and strong.
How to do:
- Bend your body so that you are in a straight standing position
- Alongside, you have to bend at your hips, while touching your knees with the head
- Then, touch your feet with your head
Sarvangasana or also known as the shoulder stand is a full body yoga pose, which can help in opening up different muscle groups. It helps in helping with balancing as well as body posture. Moreover, this yoga asana can improve the blood circulation in your head. Everyday practice of this yoga pose can leave a chronic effect on your head and is particularly beneficial for dry and thin hair.
How to do:
- Lay down on your back against the wall and create a 90-degree angle with the legs
- Then, try to lift your hips from the ground, also using your hands to get support, and then balance your whole body on the shoulders
- If you have a slip disc, heart disease or high blood pressure problems, make sure to talk to your doctor before doing this yoga pose