World First Aid Day 2020: First Aid is the first-hand help provided to an individual when they meet with an adverse casualty. It is the knowledge of medication and treatment one must have to treat situations of emergency with utmost care. Ayurveda is the science of a better you, both mentally and physically, we believe that the best first aid would be the one which makes you more robust in the first place itself. But adapting to the potent healing science of Ayurveda, Nikhil Maheshwari, Ayurveda Expert, - (Director of Operations- Maheshwari Pharmaceuticals India Ltd. (MPIL)) will be suggesting a list of Ayurvedic remedies and necessary first aid medical equipment one must have that can be incorporated in a First Aid Box for an immediate and quick response.
- Turmeric: Most of the people know about the grandma’s age-old Haldi milk, turmeric has tremendous medicinal value and is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric also helps in strengthening overall immunity reduces cell damage, eases pain and inflammation. But do you know when 95 % of active Turmeric compound is infused with Black Pepper, its potency increases by 2000 X. Piperine the bioactive compound present in Black pepper acts as a catalyst and enhances the absorption capacity of Turmeric by 2000 times. Maheshwari Pharmaceuticals India Ltd.(MPIL) have been successful in launching one such Organic Turmeric Powder infused with the richness of Ginger and Black pepper.
- Triphala: If you come into contact with a natural or chemical ingredient which has caused symptoms of an allergic reaction, look at the bottle first and follow the instructed remedies. With running water, you should wash off any substance remaining on the skin. Wash it with Triphala water if the skin is inflamed, irritated and red. Triphala water is also an ideal remedy for using it even as an eyewash. Triphala is also a perfect remedy to aid faster and proper digestion.
- Aloe Vera: A slice of Aloe Vera leaf fleshes over the burnt area and as long as possible leave it in contact. After the pain and burning sensation, onto the area, subside put a thin layer of honey. This will help to accelerate reducing, healing, scarring. Aloe Vera has excellent healing properties and leaves no rash marks on the skin; it is also amazingly useful for haemorrhoids.
- Dettol / Betadine Solutions: The first response to any injury must be the sudden application of Dettol solutions on the fresh wound. Prepare a 1:20 diluted solution and apply to the damage for faster results.
- Bandages / Gauge: Accidental injuries require immediate support in the form of Gauge if appropriately applied, helps the wound to heal at a quicker rate.
Ayurvedic essentials of a first aid kit: Ayurveda has various other options available for a quicker recovery like the fast actions of herbs like cumin, cloves, coriander and many more. It should always be noted that the prescribed Ayurvedic medications must be used as per the norms stated in Ayurvedic Formulary of India as it can harm the body if used in excessive dosage.
Read more articles on Ayurveda