Martial art is a fantastic whole-body experience that enhances every aspect of our life.
Martial Arts Connects Mind, Body, And Spirit: Martial arts training is a complete form of exercise, and its approach to health wellness includes the conditioning of the mind, spirit and body, resulting in a focused approach to fitness. Nowadays, people have become more health-conscious, and with the rising trend of obesity, it’s more important to make sure that we have got our health and well-being covered. A key element to a healthy lifestyle is, of course, sports and exercise. Here are four brain-boosting reasons to take up martial arts.
- Enhanced attention: According to researchers, there are 2 ways to improve concentration through attention training and attention state training. Attention training is based on practising a specific skill and getting better at that skill, but not others. Attention state training is about getting into one particular state of mind that allows a sharper focus. This can be done by using meditation, exercise, or yoga, among other things.
- Reduced aggression: In a study, children aged eight-eleven were tasked with traditional martial arts that focused on defending themselves and respecting other people as part of an anti-bullying programme. The children were taught to maintain a level of self-control in heated situations. Interestingly it is seen that this anti-aggression effect is not limited to young children. A piece of research found reduced verbal and physical aggression, as well as hostility, in adolescents who practised martial arts too.
- Improved emotional well-being: As numerous scientists are now looking into the links between psychological well-being and physical health, it’s vital to note that martial arts have been shown to improve a person’s emotional well-being too. In the study, forty-five older adults were asked to take part in cognitive training, non-martial arts physical training or karate training, for 3 to 6 months.
- Stress management: Some forms of martial arts place great emphasis on controlled meditation and breathing. It was strongly linked in the study with reduced feelings of stress when it is present in the middle to young aged adults.
Do you know that martial arts have recently emerged as a viable option for a workout over the past few years? Martial arts flexibility makes it a popular choice, as it caters to practitioners of all walks of life. Nowadays, people search for the most effective workout available and here are some ways martial arts help you join your mind, body, and spirit.
- Martial Arts Makes You Physically Aware: Working out from every limb and joint, martial arts encompasses the full breadth of motion of the human body. It combines both anaerobic and aerobic workouts which allow practitioners to burn fat and build lean muscle. By consistently training the human body, the mind also becomes self-aware of its own physical space. Understanding how your body moves, increasing spatial intelligence and overall being more conscious of how each part functions towards making practitioners more efficient in their movements.
- Martial Arts Calms Your Mind And Helps You Focus: By increasing the focus and calming the mind, we can accomplish our tasks more efficiently. Be it in the school, household, or at the office, we all considerably benefit from improved focus. Martial arts training allows us to strengthen our mind and teaches it to work in unison with our body. Martial arts practitioners quickly learn through practice that the mental aspect of each discipline is just as important as the physical aspect.
- Martial Arts Speaks To Soul Through Meditation: Meditation brings better conversations with one’s spirit and soul by way of self-discovery. Do you know that several people struggle with finding their own identities? Reasonably we do not fully understand what we are mentally and physically capable of. Do you know that loads of potential go unutilized due to the religious disconnect between mind and body? Martial arts serves as the bridge for which offers better communication between the mind and the body.
- Martial Arts Helps Your Body Function as a Unit: The most important benefit of martial arts with regards to joining the spirit, body and mind is its ability to train the whole body. Do you know that most people are uncoordinated and lack a sense of coherence? Our body parts are often off-balance move independently from each other. Martial arts help to fix the problem by teaching the bodies to function as one.
Read more articles on Mind & Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.