There are various yoga exercises for every health problem. Read 5 yoga asanas for diabetes, breast cancer, heart disease and PCOS.
Believe in the power of Yoga and your problems would start to vanish. Those who do yoga regularly live a healthy and disease-free life. Also, people with any disease must do Yoga to increase recovery speed. Almost every person on this planet has one or another health problem. Some keep on living with them while some choose to do something about it. You belong to which category- former or latter? If you want to live a healthy life, become a Yogi this International Yoga Day(21st June). In this article, we have mentioned 5 yoga asanas for 4 diseases- Diabetes, Heart Diseases, PCOS and Breast Cancer with infographics for your ease.
1. Yoga For Breast Cancer
- Sit on the floor with legs extended.
- Start by lifting your knee towards the left hip while keeping the heal near the hip flexor.
- Do the same with the right leg.
- Slowly bend your upper body forward with your forearms touching the floor.
- Touch your forehead to the ground.
- Stay in the position for some seconds and return to the starting position.
- Sit with your legs stretched and feet touching each other.
- Lift your left leg and place the left heel on the right hip.
- Now, place your right heel on the left knee.
- Place your right hand behind on the back and left hand on the right knee.
- Twist your upper body and turn towards your right without bending your spine.
- Hold the position for some seconds and repeat the steps to the other side.
- Stand erect and keep your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Spread your legs with your right leg extended forward.
- Make a 90-degree angle by bending your right knee.
- Turn your neck slightly towards the right side.
- Stretch your left leg while bringing your arms parallel to the ground.
- Sit or lie on a surface with legs stretched forwards.
- Lift your left foot and place it on the right hip.
- Bend your right leg raising the knee.
- Now keep your right foot on the left knee.
- Slightly twist your upper body to the right.
- Try to touch your left underarm to the right knee and hold your right ankle with your left hand.
- Do the same with the other side.
- Sit straight with the spine erect.
- Bend your right knee and place your heel on the back of the left side.
- Now stack your right knee over the left leg.
- Raise your right arm and put it back over your shoulder.
- Clasp the right hand with sliding your left arm towards the back.
2. Yoga For Diabetes
- Stand straight with your hands on the sides and feet joined.
- Raise your ankles slowly.
- Stretch your body upwards.
- You may also extend your hands up for a better stretch. There are various other benefits of doing tadasana.
- Lie down on the ground with your spine straight.
- Keep some distance between your feet.
- Breathe in and out and focus on each breathing.
- Relax the body and mind.
Ardho Mukho Shvanasana
- Come on to your fours with your knees and hands on the ground.
- Lift your hips upwards while straightening your arms and legs.
- Form the inverted V-shape.
- Keep a shoulder-width distance between hands and legs.
- Hold the pose.
- Get into the plank position.
- Now extend your hands with palms on the ground.
- Lift your hands without bending your elbows.
- Balance your body.
- Stand tall with your spine erect.
- Bend your right knee and bring the right foot to the left thigh. Place the sole on the thigh.
- Balance the body.
- Now join your palms in the ‘Namaste’ mudra.
- Balance your body and stay in the position for some minutes.
3. Yoga for Heart Diseases
Utthitha Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose)
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Bring your right foot outward and turn it to the right side
- Bend your upper body towards the right side.
- Keep your right hand on the floor
- Keep your left hand upwards and stay in this position for 30 seconds
High Lunge Crescent Variation Pose
- Begin with the downward-facing dog pose.
- Move your right leg forward, between your hands
- Stretch your knees to hover right above your foot.
- Slowly raise your upper body
- Straighten your back. Keep your left leg extended firmly.
- Now raise your hands over your head and bend back till where comfortable
Anjaneyasan (Low Lunge Pose)
- Get in the downward-facing dog pose
- Now bring your right foot in between the hands while stretching the knees
- Stretch your left leg back so that your knees are on the floor.
- Lift your body upwards without moving your hands
- Repeat this with left leg
Svara Yoga Pranayam
- Sit in the padmasana position with your eyes closed.
- Do kapalbhati pranayam while doing deep breathing.
- While breathing out, produce sound with your throat.
Veerbhadrasana I (Warrior I Pose)
- Get into the tadasana position.
- Bring your right leg forward and slightly bend the knee
- Now, move the left leg towards the side
- Extend your hands upwards and stretch your body.
- Hold and repeat with the other leg.
4. Yoga For PCOS
Titli Asana (Butterfly Pose)
- Sit with your back erect and legs stretch forwards
- Fold your knees inwards with your heels touching
- Now place your hands on your feet and firmly hold them
- Now move your thighs up and down like butterfly wings
- Do this for a minute and then relax.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Lie with your stomach towards the ground
- Place your palms on the ground below the shoulders
- Now put all your weight on the palms and lift your body upwards
- Keep your toes pointed and hold the position for about 30 seconds.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Lie down with your stomach
- Bend you knees while stretching your hands backward
- Slowly lift your upper body while holding the feet with hands
- Extend your neck and stay in the position for 30 seconds.
Viparita Shalabhasana (Superman Pose)
- Lie with your stomach towards the ground
- Stretch your hands in the forward direction
- Now, raise your hands and legs in the air
- Slowly raise your thighs and put all the bodyweight on the stomach.
Chakki Asana (Mill Churning Pose)
- Sit erect and stretch your legs forward
- Make a fist with one hand and use the other hand to cover it.
- Lean forward and stretch your hand on the right side
- Move your hands in the anticlockwise direction
- You can lean back to finish the rotation.
Read More Such Articles in Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.