Tadasana or Mountain Pose Yoga is a great stretching exercise to relieve muscle tension and energize the body. Read all about this asana here.
In the list of easy Yoga poses, Tadasana gets a mention alongside Shavasana or corpse pose. This is the foundation of standing asanas along with other Hatha and vinyasa Yoga poses. As you stand, extend your hands and try to pull the body against gravity, your muscles get stretched correcting the structural problems of the spine. This International Yoga Day, we would like to shed light on the importance of Tadasana or Mountain Pose for the body. This simple asana offers more benefits that the complicated poses. This asana invokes your muscles to prevent injuries and erect the spine for better and firmer posture. The best thing about this asana as you can do this anytime anywhere. Be it at home to relax your muscles or in the office to relieve muscle stiffness. Tadasana is indeed an extremely easy Yoga pose. Let us explore more.
A Brief About Tadasana
Tad(Mountain) + Asana(Pose) = Tadasana or Mountain Pose
This simple and easy-looking asana is indeed one of the most beneficial poses of Yoga. Tadasana is also referred to as blueprint pose as it is the foundation pose for a lot of other asanas. An easy-to-do asana that stretches your muscles to improve posture and increase height. After a hectic day at work, we usually come home with an aching back. This is mostly seen in people with sitting jobs. Your muscles become stiff after sitting for so long and nothing works better than Tadana to loosen them up. This asana corrects all the muscle alignment issues that you might be facing on a daily basis. For more clarity, read the health benefits of Tadasana ahead.
Tadasana Health Benefits
The health benefits of doing this simply yoga asana will blow your mind. You must not have expected to receive these many benefits by doing an easy exercise like Tadasana. These are the amazing health benefits of doing Tadasana or Mountain Pose:
- Tadasana improves body posture by aligning the spine.
- It helps in increasing the height of children in the growing years.
- It improves body balance.
- It increases the agility of the spine.
- It aids flat feet.
- It helps in toning abdomen and buttocks.
- It regulates respiratory, nervous and digestive systems altogether.
- It strengthens legs including thighs, knees and ankles. Do regularly to increase leg strength.
How To Do Tadasana
Learn to do Tadasana or Mountain Pose in these easy steps:
- Stand straight with your spine erect and feet joined.
- Keep your hands firmly placed on the sides of your thighs.
- Make sure that your body is firm during the session to reap the most benefits.
- Start by slowly raising your ankles and then kneecaps. Do not harden the lower body while doing so.
- Imagine a stream of energy going through your ankles to your head as you extend your body further.
- You can also raise your hands above along with ankles for a better stretch. This is particularly good for children in their formative years to increase their height.
- Breathe in as you stretch your body upwards.
- You should be able to feel the stretch.
- Stay in the pose for a minute.
- Breathe out and return to the starting position.
Doing the Mountain Pose Yoga would help your muscles stretch and invigorate the flow of energy in the body. Do this after a tiring day and it will bring all the muscles to relax.
Read More Similar Strories in Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.