Lunar eclipse January 2020: What changes do a lunar eclipse bring in your health? Read this article to find all the important information.
When the Earth comes in between the Sun and the Moon, its shadow falls on the moon’s surface obscuring the sun’s light for a while. This event is called ‘Lunar Eclipse’. The first lunar eclipse of 2020 is scheduled to happen on 10th Jan 2020 between 10:30 pm to 2:30 am as per Indian Standard Time. This is a penumbral eclipse where the Sun, the Earth and the Moon are aligned imperfectly. This eclipse is very subtle to be observed in a normal sight but the moon would be seen larger than the original size which makes this even interesting. Also, the shadow shifting that happens is phenomenal. This year, a total of four lunar eclipses are going to occur.
There are several health-related things associated with an eclipse, know them in this article.
Diet Dos and Don’ts During Lunar Eclipse
Lunar eclipse signifies the change in planetary position which is certain to affect your health too. These events powerfully impact our natural body clock as the Earth is shifting its place. This is why certain diet recommendations and restrictions are made to follow during a celestial event like a lunar eclipse.
- No matter how nutritious your food is, it won’t provide nourishment to your body during the eclipse period. The ultraviolet radiation emitted during an eclipse doesn’t destroy the bad bacteria from the atmosphere. This causes microorganism growth which makes the food unsafe.
- Non-veg food is not suggested for consumption during a lunar eclipse as it requires a lot of time to digest the food.
- The negative effects of alcohol are at a peak during a lunar eclipse. Thus, don’t drink alcohol.
- As per Ayurveda, eat light food two hours before eclipse as then you get time to digest the food.
- As per some ancient beliefs and customs, it is better to not eat anything during the eclipse hours.
- Consume natural detoxifiers during an eclipse to secure the body system from negative energy. ‘Darbha’ grass is an Ayurvedic recommendation for detoxification.
- Tulsi leaves are sacred and purifying. As per religious beliefs, it is said to add tulsi leave(s) in prepared food to preserve its nutritious value during the time of an eclipse.
- Drinking tulsi tea is beneficial to drink during an eclipse.
- Plain water is at risk of contamination during a lunar eclipse. Add a basil leaf or ginger in the water and then drink. This will purify the water making it safe for consumption.
- You may drink fresh coconut water extracted from tender coconut. As the thick coconut shell isn’t harmed by the harmful UV rays. It would also keep you hydrated.
Precautionary Tips During Lunar Eclipse
As opposed to a solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse can be witnessed through naked eyes. You don’t need to wear special glasses to see the lunar eclipse.
Is a lunar eclipse bad for pregnant women?
In many cultures, it is said that an eclipse may cause physical deformities in the unborn baby. While scientifically, only exposure to the harmful rays during an eclipse is bad for expecting mothers. They must stay indoors during the period.
Read more in Miscellaneous
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.