Guava tea is not a discovery it has been prevalent since ancient times. This beverage is known for its great medicinal properties. This special guava tea is prepared by guava leaves which are packed with antioxidants along with nutrients like flavonoids and quercetin. This tea is very popular in tropical countries and is now getting popular in other parts of the world. If you are interested to know about this unique herbal tea, scroll down and read till the end.
Some Amazing Benefits Of Guava Tea
There is a myriad of health benefits of Guava tea that will prompt you to make a cup right now! From curing diabetes to boosting digestion to weight loss, this tea is simply amazing for your health. Check out some of the notable health benefits of drinking guava leaf tea.
Some scientific studies have shown that guava leaves can remarkably manage blood sugar levels in the body. Thus, drinking this daily would stabilize glucose levels which would eventually treat Diabetes.
People with a sensitive stomach should definitely drink guava leaf tea regularly. Also, it can provide relief to those suffering from diarrhea. This tea will help ease the symptoms as it is antibacterial and thus would eliminate the toxic elements from the stomach.
Guava leaves are found to lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the body. Additionally, these also regulate blood pressure which can prevent you against stroke, heart attack, atherosclerosis and coronary heart diseases. One cup of Guava tea daily can secure your heart health.
Did you know that Guava can help you lose weight? It boosts the metabolism which helps you to burn more calories and stay active throughout the day.
Guava leaves have antioxidant phenolic compounds that effectively reduce oxidative stress and combat free radicals that do damage to your skin. This thus, guava prevents premature aging along with diminishing visible wrinkles fine lines and other age spots.
Some studies have shown that the active ingredients present in Guava can improve hormone levels in the body which supports your sleep cycle. You will feel relaxed after drinking this tea.
Make Guava Leaf Tea At Home
If you have access to a guava tree from where you can pluck guava leaves, you should certainly try this tea. Here is the step-by-step process to make your cup of guava tea.
- Step 1: Add one cup of water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Step 2: Add some freshly picked guava leaves to the pot
- Step 3: Steep it for 15-20 minutes
- Step 4: Strain the mixture and serve the tea in a cup.
- Step 5: While this is the most basic recipe of guava tea, you may add lemon, cinnamon or honey for additional flavors.
Side Effects of Guava Tea
Though this tea does only good to you and your health, there are a few downsides of this tea for some people.
- Complications for pregnant women: Guava tea isn’t said to be safe for pregnant women, however, there is no evidence for this.
- Constipation: Some people reported constipation after drinking guava leaf tea. This is highly unlikely though, you should consult a doctor before adding this tea to your diet.
Read more on Healthy Diet
Images credits- freepik