A twist to the Indian samosa! Learn the speciality of this broccoli samosas served to President Trump, which sets it apart from potato samosas.
US President Donald Trump has arrived in India with his wife Melania and daughter Ivanka. President Trump landed in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, where he was received by PM Modi yesterday. No effort was left to prepare for the first day of this visit of President Donald Trump to India. From Motera Stadium to the Sabarmati Ashram, the trump was welcomed everywhere in grand and special ways. A special menu was also prepared at the Sabarmati Ashram to welcome Trump, which has now sparked debate on social media. Various types of memes are being made about the 'Broccoli Samosa' served on the trump on social media users. Actually, instead of traditional potato samosas, this broccoli samosa looked strange to everyone. People are trying to know what is so special in this samosa, which sets it apart from potato samosas. Let us know why Broccoli Samosa is different and how it can be made.
Sabarmati Ashram menu
The responsibility of preparing food for the President of America at the Sabarmati Ashram was given to the noted chef Suresh Khanna. Chef Suresh said that for President Trump, Gujarat's Special Khaman Dhokla, Fortune Signature Cookies and Broccoli-Corn Samosa have been placed in the menu. Ice tea and green tea were also given a place on the menu.
How healthy is broccoli samosa?
Potato samosas contain high carbs, high calories, also consist of cheese, peas or peanuts etc. At the same time, it can be full of cholesterol for diabetic people or people with high blood pressure. While in broccoli samosas, different types of healthy vegetables are used in it, such as carrot capsicum and sweet corn etc. In this way, they give all the vitamins instead of potatoes, which are beneficial for health.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C.
- It is also a good source of folate (folic acid) and which also provides potassium and fibre.
- Vitamin is required for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting.
- Vitamin C makes collagen, which builds the body's tissue and bone and helps heal wounds. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and prevents damage to the body's free radicals.
- High fibre diet promotes digestive health and can also help lower cholesterol.
- Potassium is a mineral and electrolyte, which is necessary for the function of contraction of nerves and heart.
- Folate is required for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.
Nutritional value of broccoli
Raw broccoli contains about 90% water, 7% carb, 3% protein and about 0% fat. Broccoli is very low in calories, providing only 31 calories (91 grams) per cup. In 1 cup (91 grams) of broccoli:
View this post on Instagram
#broccoliSamosa @mitrabistro #desi_foodblogger @zomatouae #foodphotography#love #weekends #dubai #photoshoots #canon #instafood #zomato #dubaibloggers #dubaifood #instalike #instalove #picoftheday #foodgasm #instagood #uaefoodbloggers #foodie #foodphotography #foodblogger #foodporn #foodstagram #foodlover #foodblog #foodart #foodshare_id #SocialMedia #dubai #uaebloggers
- Calories: 31
- Water: 89%
- Protein: 2.5 grams
- Carb: 6 grams
- Sugar: 1.5 grams
- Fibre: 2.4 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
Ingredients to make Broccoli Samosa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of lukewarm oil
- Salt to taste
- Lukewarm water as required to make the dough
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 bowl boiled sweet corn
- Finely chop carrots, capsicum
- Finely chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for brushing baking dish and samosa
View this post on Instagram
What's on Trump's Menu in the Gandhian City? Dear BitingBowl members: here we leak the menu that will be served over hi-tea to the most powerful person in the world Donald Trump and other delegates. Menu: Khaman Broccoli and Corn Button Samosa Kaju Katli Apple Pie Roasted Almonds and Cashewnuts Apricots and dry Dates There will be a live counter of assorted tea and cookies. Among drinks there would be tender coconut water and canned orange/guava juice. It emerges that Trump will be taken to the Gandhi Ashram straight from the airport. There would be a 12-minute live show from the Ashram that is located on the banks of River Sabarmati. The above-mentioned hi-tea would be served to Trump and other 100 VVIPs at the Sabarmati Ashram itself, informed @khanna1028 , Executive Chef at @fortunelandmarkhotelahmedbad The iconic Fortune Landmark has hosted almost all the stars that visit Ahmedabad, then why should the US President be left out? A rough draft of the menu was provided by the Gujarat Tourism to the hotel and Chef Khanna and his team used their creativity to curate the menu specially for Trump's visit. You might be wondering why is Broccoli samosa been served to Trump instead of the regular famous Indian samosa? "Potatoes and Cottage Cheese does not have a long shelf life and the items on the menu has to be created quite a few hours in advance. Also, the weather of Ahmedabad has suddenly become warmer. The samosa needed to be curated in a manner that the shelf life of it becomes at least of 24 hours. And that's the reason we came up with the innovatory dish called "Broccoli Samosa", informed Chef Khanna. May be that's the reason Gujaratis' favorite buttermilk is also left out of the menu this time. #namastetrump #trump #trump2020 #trumpinahmedabad #trumpingujarat #trumpinindia #namaste #stadium #ahmedabadstadium #khaman #broccoli #samosa #broccolisamosa #coconutwater
Recipe for making Broccoli Samosa
- To make Broccoli Samosa, you have to finely chop broccoli, carrots, capsicum or boil it lightly.
- Add oil to the pan and roast the broccoli, carrots, capsicum, green chillies.
- Then add salt and mango powder to it.
- Mix all the spices and ginger paste in it.
- Turn off the gas after roasting.
- After cooling, you can mix chilli flakes, oregano and cheese in the vegetables.
- Knead the flour in advance.
- Make a small puri of fine flour and cut it in between.
- Pick one part and fold it and make the shape of samosa.
- Fill roasted vegetable in samosas. To make it healthy, stream it instead of frying or bake it in an oven.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.