The benefits of amla juice for skin can’t be praised enough, just like its overall health benefits. Vitamin C in amla juice bestow clear skin.
BENEFITS OF AMLA JUICE ON SKIN: Amla is a charismatic fruit. Everyone is amazed to know its miraculous benefits. In Ayurveda, Amla is referred to as "Amrit". Just as a person does not die after taking amritpana, similarly, people who consume amla remain young for a very long time. Amla is found the insufficient amount of nutrients. Therefore, there is no shortage of nutrients in the body by consuming amla. You can consume Amla in any season. This Indian gooseberry fruit contains as much Vitamin C as there are in two oranges. Hence amla is known as vitamin C store. It can be consumed as juice, powdered or raw- any form you want! Amla is known to improve liver health, maintain blood sugar levels and aids in digestion as well. Amla is no less than a boon for glowing skin and beauty. Amla means “Sour”, that grows throughout India. Amla is profoundly notorious and contains constituents like phenols, alkaloids and Tannin (gallic acid, ellagic acid, Emblicanin A and B). Now, when we talk about the nature of Amla, its essence is cold. For this reason,it proves to be very helpful in removing skin related diseases and problems.
Sports Nutritionist Ridhima Batra shares miraculous benefits of drinking amla juice for skincare
- Prevents pimples: Consumption of Amla Juice helps in removing acne scars. Since it works as a blood purifier, so have wonderful results in pimples. Amla is considered a protector of glowing and beautiful skin. Amla protects our skin from spots, pimples and wrinkles and helps to keep the skin young by improving its colour.
- Damaged tissue repair: Amla is a fruit in which both anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties is found together in sufficient quantity, which helps to take care of your skin. Amla consists of astringent properties which help in tightening up the skin pour resulting in clear and healthy skin.
- Fights signs of ageing: It has anti-ageing properties also, as amla is a rich source of vitamin C (known as ascorbic acid) and anti-oxidant properties too, so it helps in delaying ageing. Prevent wrinkling of the skin, fine lines as well as dark circles.
- Pigmentation Reduction: Amla juice application, as well as drinking, helps in cleansing and reducing pigmentation of the skin. Its regular use will remove all skin tans and whiten the skin. It helps in various skin diseases like Psoriasis, Leprosy, eczema and different skin allergy.
- Brightens the complexion: It is an excellent cleanser and helps in removing dead skin cell from the face and results in providing glowing skin. Regular consumption of amla help to increase the production of collagen in the skin, which results in soft and beautiful skin.
- Reduces dandruff and itchiness in the scalp: Amla juice does not help for the skin, but it is also a right treatment for your dandruff and itchiness problems, especially in winters. During winters, our scalp becomes dry, which causes dandruff. Amla juice solves the issue of dryness and stops dandruff from accumulating on your scalp. Amla also has generally pro and anti-bacterial properties that help provide relief from dandruff-induced itching. You can apply it on your scalp before washing your hair. Keep it for around 15-20 minutes and rinse it well with water.
These are the sure-shot benefits of Amla juice. So what are you waiting for? Start consuming it daily but don't forget to be consistent for better results.
DIY amla face mask to enhance your beauty
Amla juice acts as a panacea to get rid of pimples and facial wrinkles: Rajat Mathur, Senior Skincare expert, at Kiehl’s India states that "we all want our skin to glow and Amla is known best for it. It’s just you need to add one ingredient in your diet, and that is amla juice. Amla has a lot of benefits especially when it comes to skin. Amla can keep your skin, problems away, and by consuming it every day, it can also delay your ageing process. It can be consumed in any form, whether in juice or whichever way you like."
Also read: Know your skin type for the right skincare
- To get flawless skin, you can apply Amla powder by making a paste with rose water or lemon juice, and then your oily skin problems will be cured.
- Mix 1 tsp amla powder, 1 tsp honey, 1-2 tsp homemade curd to make a simple face mask. For 15-20 minutes or so, keep it on then rinse it off with cold water. With this, you get a nice glow in your skin.
- Amla is considered as a superfood for the skin as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, phytonutrients that improves the circulation of the blood and nourishes the body.
If you also want to preserve your beauty, then today know about the Ayurvedic properties of Amla
"Amla is commonly used in the treatment of burning sensation anywhere in the body and for fever as these symptoms are associated with pitta vitiation. Since Amla has sweet, sour, pungent, bitter and astringent, all taste in one fruit, and it helps in balancing three doshas. For skin amla juice is very beneficial according to Ayurveda skin is the place of pitta (depending upon the pitta dosha in the body). Since amla is calm and has properties of pacifying pitta dosha so having Amla juice will directly effect on maintaining healthy skin and getting rid of a few skin problems like acne, pigmentation of the skin, wrinkles etc. Because of too many good qualities, it is also considered as super-food and Rasayana, according to Ayurveda" states Dr Pooja Kohli, VP- Ayurveda Growth, NirogStreet.
Amla has the following properties as per Ayurvedic literature:
Amalaki is a potent rejuvenator that nourishes the Dhatus, body tissues and gently removes toxins from the body. Amla has an essential position in Ayurveda. Its cooling Pitta pacifying properties makes it an excellent ingredient for treating pigmentation and uneven skin tone and many other skin related problems.
- Rasa (taste): sour and astringent are the most dominant, but the fruit has five flavours, including sweet, bitter, and pungent
- Veerya (nature): cooling
- Vipaka (taste developed through digestion): sweet
- Guna (qualities): light, dry
- Doshas (effect on touches of humour): quietens all three doshas: Vata, Kapha, pitta, and is especially useful for pitta Because of its cooling nature.
Other benefits of consuming AMLA
Acharya Manish, Founder, Shuddhi Ayurveda says that "amla is a common ingredient in the most Indian household. This tangy fruit can be enjoyed with eating with chilly red powder, sprinkled on top has immense benefits. Drinking Amla Juice is the best way to reap amla benefits for your skin. However, Amla is available in other forms too and can also be used topically. It is safe for every group from children to senior members, so without any doubt, nature’s blessing to humankind."
If you also want to have healthy and beautiful skin, then take one Amla daily. It helps in the youthfulness of the skin, tightening of skin pores and softening of the skin.
Read more articles on Skin Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.