Ayurvedic Treatment for Jaundice
Jaundice is caused by an infection which distorts the liver into malfunctioning. It is unable to produce the normal amount of bile needed for maintaining the functions of body cells and tissues. Due to unhealthy body cells and tissues, the skin and more noticeably the white of eyes get a yellow tint. In Ayurvedic treatment of Jaundice, the disease is considered an imbalance of pitta, one of the three body humours. The intestinal region is full of toxins causing the imbalance. These toxins need to be flushed out to restore balance and bring the immune system back to normal.
Apart from Ayurvedic medicines for treating the condition, certain diet precautions and recommendations are also given. Avoidable foods are chocolate, cakes, ice cream, spicy food, alcohol, non-vegetarian food and in general any kind of heavy food. Foods that are recommended as an aid in the curative process are vegetables such as tomatoes and radish, and dry fruits such as dried date, almond and cardamom.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Jaundice
- Ghritkumari (Aloe Vera)
- Jaundice Berry
- Kakmachi (Solanum Nigrum)
- Use of gokulkanta plant root is very effective in liver diseases including jaundice. Root of the herb is infused in water to prepare a medicine to be given to the patient 2 or 3 times daily.
- One of the best Ayurvedic remedies for jaundice is Turpeth. It is called Nisoth in Ayurveda. This herb is taken in powdered form and taken after mixing with hot water twice daily.
- A very effective Ayurvedic medicine for treatment of jaundice is Kamalahar. It is useful for other liver disorders too. It helps in regeneration of hepatic cells. Patients should take 1 to 2 capsules thrice every day. The great thing is that no observable side-effect has been found yet.
- Take bitter gourd juice every morning. Extract the juice by mashing the vegetable and pressing with a cloth.
- Make a cup of juice with equal proportions of beetroot and lemon. Have this juice for a few days to cure jaundice.
- Extract juice from amalaki, the Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis) and drink it thrice everyday in teaspoonful quantity. It is a very effective remedy for all types of liver ailments.
Ayurveda for jaundice and other liver conditions has some very potent medicines as well as diet recommendations which are very helpful. The Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice is almost free from any kind of side-effects.
Read more articles on Ayurveda
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jul 08, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.