Humidifier advantages and disadvantages: Nowadays, everyone is worried about the increasing pollution. The dirt, dust and harmful particles in the air are very detrimental for our health. In the pandemic era, we all are wearing masks to prevent coronavirus infection, but what about indoor pollution? How one can curb indoor air pollution? One such solution is the humidifier, which works to improves the air quality to a great extent. Humidifiers make the air breathable, and in addition to this, it also maintains the room's humidity. It keeps the atmosphere of the house clean, which works to curb the air pollution in your home. Humidifiers can be built in your home.
- Pros of humidifiers: It is easy to maintain and has a low risk of bacteria. It works in the entire house, and no weekly cleaning is needed.
- Cons of humidifiers: It is quite expensive and can be only work in forced air systems.
How beneficial is an air humidifier?
Winter is commonly known as the viral season (with low humidity) which increases the risk of spreading the outdoor and indoor infection. Do you know why your cold and cough does not get cured quickly? It is because of the harmful particles present in the environment that goes into your body.
Also Read: Physiotherapy Treatment For COPD
- Having an air humidifier in the room keeps your nasal passage clean, which does not obstruct breathing. It works to improve the air around you, which helps in maintaining the moisture in your scalp and hair.
- Cold and cough are communicable diseases; hence it spreads very quickly in the atmosphere. But if you use a humidifier instead, then you can get relief soon from infections like cough and cold.
- A humidifier is more beneficial for those people who have dry skin, due to pollution or those who have eye irritation problem.
What is the best way to use an air humidifier?
- Before using a humidifier, you must check the humidity level in the room. It would be best if you tried that the humidity level should be between 30 to 50 per cent (the place where you are using Humidifier).
- You must change the water daily in a humidifier machine. Frozen water always produces bacteria which is harmful to us. For this, you must remove all the water from the device and clean it first, and then pour clean water into the machine.
- Periodically clean the machine, which is beneficial for your health. You must clean the device between 3 to 5 days. If you feel that the filter of the device is malfunctioning, then you can also get it replaced.
- If you have a kid in your home, then try to keep the humidifier machine away from the child. As this can cause your child to get an electric shock from the device/machine.
When should you not use an air humidifier?
It would be best if you did not use a humidifier when the air is humid. Do you know that excess moisture in the air can be harmful to your body and your health? It also produces bacteria which increases the risk of diseases. Along with this, if you have any allergy or you are a patient of cancer, asthma and HIV, then you should contact the doctor before using a humidifier.
Read more on Mind-Body
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.