Long working hours are giving a tough time to your eyes? You are not alone. Many people are facing eye problems ever since they have started working from home. The reason being long work hours(since there is no fixed schedule), poor lighting, inappropriate posture and most importantly, diet. As much as exposure to computer screens is responsible for poor eye health, our diet also has a major role to play in hampering eye health. Improve your diet and do some yoga for eye health if you do not want to weaken your eyesight and get glasses. Eye exercises help in combating eye fatigue which has a medical term ‘Asthenopia’. If you constantly suffer from eye pain, tearing, blurring, etc. issues, start doing yoga exercises for eye problems. We have listed four eye exercises here that are easy to perform and effective in reducing strain from your eyes.
Palming Yoga for Eyes
The eyes can be kept healthy with yoga for eyes. Myopia and hypermetropia are caused by problems in the muscles of the eyes, this eye exercise is also beneficial for these conditions. If you are working and you feel tiredness in the eyes, then perform this super easy palming exercise.
- Rub your palms together and place them on your eyes.
- Now, place your elbows on the desk and keep it like this for 10 minutes.
- Doing this exercise daily will relieve fatigue and ease the strain on your eyes.
- People who wear eyeglasses should also do this.
If you do this exercise daily, then it is very beneficial to eliminate the fatigue of your eyes and also provides several other benefits of eye exercises.
- For this, you can quickly blink your eyelids and after that close your eyes for a while.
- Give your eyes some rest of about 10 -15 minutes.
- You can easily do this exercise by taking a 10-minute break during work in the office.
Eyes Rolling Yoga for better vision
Eyes rolling exercise is beneficial for eyesight with eye fatigue. This is one of the best yoga exercises for better vision.
- There are two ways of doing this exercise- first, you have to rotate your eyes round and round your eyes clockwise to do this exercise.
- Now, make a circle in front of your eyes or keep an eye on the imaginary circle or if you like, make 8 and rotate your eyes accordingly.
- Do this exercise at least 10 times. This exercise is good for the muscles of the eyes.
This focus-shifting exercise helps you to increase your focus. Due to continuously working on computers and laptops, our eyes can lose their focus gradually. To prevent the condition, this exercise for eyesight can help.
- For this, keep your hand at a distance from your eyes.
- Now raise your thumb and focus on the thumb.
- If you want, you can also use a pen to perform this exercise.
- Now bring your thumb slowly near your face and then take it away.
- But keep in mind that your eyes are fixed on your thumb.
- You should do this exercise at least 10 to 15 times.
Read More Similar Articles In Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.