Yoga is undoubtedly the best form of exercise to keep oneself fit and healthy. The fact that this can be performed at home without any professional assistance or equipment makes it accessible for one and all. There are thousands of research on the effectiveness of Yoga along with testimonials of top fitness gurus and health experts that vouch for this form and its importance for overall wellbeing. Yoga is a set of different exercises that are done differently aiming at a particular part of the body. However, there are some exercises that provide multiple benefits and Halasana is one of them.
Halasana In Brief
Along with improving digestion to increasing flexibility, this yoga pose offers myriad benefits. The name of this yoga is derived from the word ‘Hal’ or plow as it looks similar to plowing in the field. This posture activates all of the muscles of the body. This might be difficult and painful at the start but as you practice, it will be done be ease. Let us take you through the numerous benefits of this asana but first, know the step-by-step process of doing Halasana.
How to do Halasana
- First things first, place the yoga mat on a flat surface.
- Lie on the mat with your body in 180 degrees with your hands near the body and palms facing the ground.
- Take a deep breath and life your both legs to 90 degrees.
- Stay there for 10 seconds and then try to take your legs to your back from your head.
- Provide support to your back with your hands and try to touch the ground with your toes.
- Once touched, bring your hands in their initial position.
- Stay in this position for as long as you can for optimal benefits.
- Now, slowly return to the initial position while breathing out.
- This is a complete cycle of halasana.
- Do this at least 4 to 5 times a day.
Health Benefits of Halasana
Regulates sleep cycle
To stay active and energetic the whole day, you need a peaceful and uninterrupted sleep of 7-8 hours. Most people these days are not getting enough sleep due to stress or other problems. This yoga pose would regulate their sleep cycle and also aid insomnia.
The next important health aspect is digestion. A healthy stomach is the key to better overall health. This asana treats issues with the digestive tract and boosts digestion. People who are troubled with stomach problems shall include this asana in their exercise regime.
Also Read: 5 Easy Yoga Poses For A Couch Potato
Halasana is proven to increase the activity of insulin in the body which helps in maintaining blood sugar. It directly aids the patient in diabetes and helps them lead a healthy life. Alongside, doing this yoga regularly can also cut down the risk of type-2 diabetes in healthy people. By keeping glucose levels under control, this exercise can help keep diabetes at bay.
Read More in Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.