Women often forget to exercise their shoulders when it comes to workouts unlike men who are equally concerned about their shoulders as they are for abs. Similarly, most of them ignore that arm fat is also required to be taken care of. Your hands and legs are the most exercised parts of the body and therefore, they should be strong and toned both. Do not ignore the fat hanging from the arms. Tone thy arms with simple yet effective yoga exercises. If you don’t know where to begin, here are two easy and effective arm fat yoga poses for you.
Chaturanga Dandasana or Low Plank
Chaturanga Asana strengthens and tones the wrist, hands, abdominal muscles as well as lower back. This also prepare the body for more such challenging balance acts.
Like traditional push-ups, it also strengthens the muscles around the spine, which helps improve posture. As part of the Surya Namaskar sequence, Chaturanga is practiced several times during Ashtanga, Vinasa and Power Yoga classes. If this practice is done patiently, it can save you from injury. Doing this continuously for a long time can give a powerful and a well toned body.
- Start with balasana (baby pose) with your arms.
- Raise your hips up, so that your shoulders are in a straight line with your palms.
- Now keep the knees under the pelvic bone. Make sure the back of your neck.
- The head is parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your shoulders are pushed away from your ears and your tailbone is tucked in with contraction of the abdominal muscles.
- Now without changing the position of your upper body, pull your right foot back and then the left by tucking in your toes.
- Your body should be in a straight line starting from the shoulders.
- To keep your body in a straight line, begin to bend your arms at the elbow until your body strength is challenged.
- To increase the body weight slightly, bend your elbow towards your torso. In this case, your body should be two inches above the floor.
- Keep doing this mudra for at least 10 seconds with normal breathing.
Adho mukha svanasana or Downward-facing Dog Pose
Adapting the outer arms and strengthening your elbows is quite beneficial. It helps tone the outer muscles along the bones. It is beneficial in many ways. This reduces stress and helps to reduce its effect in women during menopause. Let's know the right way to do it.
Also Read: 5 Easy Yoga Poses For A Couch Potato
- Lie in balasana, extending your arms.
- Raise your hips up to the tabletop position.
- Bend your toes to straighten your leg.
- Try to lower your heel and keep the soles of the feet completely on the mat.
- At the same time, spread your arms straight, push your chest out and relax the head and shoulders.
- Perform this pose for at least 10 seconds with normal breathing.
Read More in Yoga
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.