With the lockdown phase making everyone take up various fitness and health challenges to stay in shape during these 21 days of lockdown, celebrities are taking up to their social media accounts with tips and ways to motivate others too. Right from diet fads to new exercise routines, there are various ways one can stay fit. Hence, posting yet another exercise on her Instagram account is celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar. Yes, she is the one who has guided a lot many of us to take up healthy eating habits, but she equally vouches for some great exercises to go with a healthy diet. A follower of Iyenger yoga, Rujuta posted an IGTV video while performing the headstand, also known as the shirsasana and had some great tips for beginners.
Why Should You Do A Headstand/ Shirsasana?
Rujuta says that if you are women, above 40, you should not miss the opportunity to do a shirsasana. She stressed how this yoga pose helps in preventing premature ageing in women and can replace the need of reaching out to hair dyes for young-looking hair. Also, she stressed how shirsasana helps keep the mind, body and brainpower aligned and keeps the ovaries and the reproductive system working well for the ladies.
Here's How You Can Do It
Rujuta Diwekar took to her social media, showing the right way to do a shirsasana for maximum benefits. Watch the video below to learn the art from Rujuta:
View this post on Instagram
- To do this posture, first of all, be an empty stomach, a blanket or a carpet on a flat spot. While sitting in Vajrasana pose, hold the fingers of hands together.
- Place the four fingers on the top of the head.
- Now bending forward, keep the forehead on the ground. Place the elbows of both hands on the ground and keep the fingers of the hands stuck together.
- Keeping the speed of breath normal, emphasising the hands, bring the weight of the body to the head and first lift the buttocks upward, then slowly lift the legs. The importance of the body will fall on the head.
- Straighten the rear. Here the feet, waist and head will be in a straight line. Initially practice it with the help of the wall or by taking advice from someone.
Benefits Of Shirsasana
If you want to stay young for a long time, then headstand is the perfect posture. This posture is called the King of Asanas. This asana relieves stomach related diseases, the body becomes strong and prevents untimely hair loss and whitening. Read below to understand what makes shirsana a wonder exercise:
- Headstand enhances immunity by increasing the blood circulation to the brain.
- Regulates secretion of the pituitary and pineal glands. Enhances memory, concentration, enthusiasm, happiness, fearlessness, confidence and patience.
- The person remains young for a long time. Apart from this, by doing this asana, the skin starts to glow, and the wrinkles of the face also disappear.
Read more articles on Yoga