If you wish to stay more alert and energetic, drink white coffee. The lightly roasted coffee is also easy on your stomach to not cause acidity.
Coffee is no less than an elixir for a diehard coffee lover. There are people who take coffee machine wherever they go to brew fresh coffee with beans! Yes, such level of fondness for coffee is not easily seen. Most people drink instant coffee and so they do not know about the types of coffee exist. Here’s a coffee trivia question- what is white coffee? For those who believe white coffee is white-coloured coffee, sorry but you’re wrong. Any and every kind of coffee be white, green or brown, is prepared with the same coffee beans. The major difference lies in roasting and how they’re prepared. This process also decides their effects on our health. If you drink coffee for alertness, switch to white coffee which is stronger with more caffeine than regular coffee.
What Is White Coffee?
In contrary to the name, white coffee is not white, in the first place. It is definitely lighter than the regular coffee but it still has that signature coffee colour. The one major thing that sets white coffee apart is that it is lightly roasted and it quite difficult to achieve. It became popular very recently after Coffee giants added white coffee to their menu. For people looking for a higher dose of caffeine, white coffee is a must try.
Some Quick Facts About White Coffee
- White coffee is not white but has a very light brown color.
- Due to minimal roasting, white coffee tastes less bitter than regular coffee.
- It has a nutty taste with pronounced acidic property. However, you should not start your day with caffeine.
- White coffee has more caffeine than regular coffee. Roasting decreases caffeine and therefore white coffee has the maximum caffeine content.
- Shorter roasting time makes this coffee not leave behind a bitter aftertaste but some acidic flavor.
- The subtle flavors of coffee beans are enhanced and you can easily differentiate between coffee beans of different origins.
Health Benefits of White Coffee
Here are some major health benefits of white coffee:
- White coffee is healthier than fully roasted coffee as its characteristics are remained and nutrients aren’t lost during the roasting process. This makes white coffee a healthier choice as compared to regular coffee.
- It provides more alertness due to the high caffeine content in it. Whether you have to stay awake at night, alertness or want an instant energy boost, white coffee is the best bet.
- White coffee has high antioxidants to secure health in numerous ways.
- White coffee is less acidic as compared to regular coffee which is apt for those who suffer from acidity after drinking regular coffee. This is so because the more coffee beans are roasted, the more acidic they become. Since white coffee beans are minimally roasted, they have lesser acidic content.
- Due to light roasting, white coffee ha high chlorogenic acid which is a great antioxidant. Also, this coffee is good for stomach health.
The Bottom Line
If you call yourself a coffee lover, you must try white coffee. It is always good to experience different varieties and flavours. This gives your palates a tour of taste and enhances its taste power.
Read More Articles in Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.