We all love to eat watermelon during summers for its refreshing taste and hydrating properties but do you know it is a great ingredient for skin care too? Yes, you can use watermelon on face to get glowing skin. Its high water and antioxidant content makes it great for summer skin care to fight tanning, heat rash and dehydration. Eating watermelon provides numerous health benefits but in this article our focus in on tips to use watermelon for skin. If you wish to try something new and refreshing on your face, you must check out and try these watermelon face packs.
Watermelon for face benefits
While we all are aware of the benefits of watermelon, not many know its benefits for skin, in particular. Here are some reasons that make watermelon good for skin:
- Watermelon has the highest water content which makes it great to hydrate skin in summers.
- It increases skin hydration to prevent dryness that furthers reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Watermelon has antioxidants that protect against sun damage or damage from UV rays during summer months.
- Applying watermelon on face fights against free radicals to prevent premature aging.
How to Use Watermelon On Face
Here are four ways to use watermelon on face. You can put any of these to use and see how it transforms your skin during the hot and humid summer days.
Also Read: Do You Know The Health Benefits of Watermelon Rind?
Watermelon Skin Toner
The easiest and best way to make use of watermelon for skin is by making watermelon toner. This is the best alternative to those store-bought toners that contain astringents. Watermelon juice is a natural toner that is as good as rose water for your skin because of natural extracts.
- You can either rub a piece of watermelon directly on your skin to get that refreshing vibe.
- Alternatively, you can also make watermelon juice, put it in a spray bottle and use it as a toner.
- Use it multiple times a day when you feel low. Using this toner would instantly rejuvenate your skin and hydrate it.
Remove tanning with watermelon and cucumber face pack
Both watermelon and cucumber are superb ingredients for face. Both of these are loaded with water and hence, apt for fighting skin dehydration and tanning. If your skin looks tired, tanned and dull, you must make this face mask and use to instantly uplift your facial aura.
- In a bowl, add cucumber pulp and watermelon pulp.
- To this add gram flour and some rose water.
- Make a thick paste and apply it all over your face.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Do this daily for visible results.
Revive natural glow with watermelon, yogurt and banana
People with dry skin face issues during dry months where the skin becomes saggy and dull. In order to regain lost radiance, you can prepare this face pack.
- In a bowl , add watermelon pulp, mashed banana and yogurt in 2:2:1 ratio.
- Make a thick paste and apply it on your face.
- You can also add gram flour to make it thicker, if required.
- Keep this face pack on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Use watermelon toner after this for best result.
Watermelon and milk anti-aging face pack
Watermelon has potent antioxidants that fight free radicals to prevent premature aging. Milk, on the other hand, is a natural cleanser that deep cleanses the skin and removes dead skin cells. Milk also has moisturizing and anti-aging properties.
- To make this face pack, mix watermelon pulp, milk and honey.
- Make a paste and apply it on your face.
- Wash it with running or lukewarm water.
You must eat watermelon when it is in season to reap its benefits. Besides, use a little watermelon for your skin as well to provide it with the required nourishment during summers.
Image credits- freepik