Prana means life force energy and the level of vitality that flows throughout the body. Pranic, derived from Sanskrit word Prana, means that which imparts life. However, prana manifests not only in our bodies but also in our food
Pranamayakosa additionally referred to as the “vital body” or “etheric body”, literally translates to the sheath of vital energy within the human being. The pranic body is made up of skin, bones, organs, tissues, etc. Prana not only exists in humans but in all living things. Food is a great way to heal several health issues in the body. Eating the right food helps in purifying the blood and helping the body regain energy despite daily wear and tear. The food that you eat directly affects the pranic energy in the body.
Food is categorised in three different ways:
It is always essential to know what you are eating for complete health and wellbeing. Positive food keeps the mind and body energised. Positive food types help increase the energy in the individual. Consuming negative energy food breaks down the nervous system, making it susceptible to various health issues. Zero energy food have no take in the diet. They are neither beneficial, not harmful to consume.
Also read: Top Foods to Kill Intestinal Parasites
The list of negative pranic food is quite small, but most of the items that fall in this category are addictive and also nervous stimulants. These include onions, garlic, chillies, asafoetida, brinjal, tea, coffee, other drugs and tobacco, rotten stale food, overcooked or processed food. Overconsumption of these can gradually decrease prana from the body, especially if they are consumed more than the life enforcing high pranic food. Following are some tips to eat the right food as per the pranic value in it:
- Choose Live Foods as they’re closest to being alive they have the highest pranic value of any food. Sprouts, grains, beans, vegetables, seeds and nuts are some of the useful food items for a healthy living.
- The Fresher, the Better. Prana exists in living foods. Make sure that you eat fresh rather than processed and packed food items. Even leftovers for more than a day are low in pranic value.
- Vegetables begin to lose their colour, smell, and wilt or go bad due to the disappearance of pran. This is because their shelf life would have increased or crossed their value.
- Organic, Locally Grown organic foods have more nutrients and are devoid of chemicals and pesticides that can kill off aspects of the ’food’s energy. Locally grown foods are closer to the source, thus, higher in prana since they are typically fresher than foods that have been transported long distances.
- Whole Unprocessed Foods Avoid processed foods, Chemical preservatives and additives create altered, “fake” foods that are more or less “dead”.
- Raw or Lightly Cooked Prana is destroyed by fire, so cooking eliminates a lot of the nutritional value contained in its original form. At least eat some raw foods daily. Even lightly cooked or steamed foods contain more prana than foods that are over-exposed to heat during the cooking process.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.