Try this simple and easy gobi masala recipe
- Gobi paranthas are too overrated; it's time to try something new.
- Gobi masala with chapattis can spice up your weekend menu.
- This dish can be a vegetarian's delight.
- Enjoy your gobi masala!
Who likes cauliflower? Well, not many people are fond of cauliflower. There are very less variations that can be done with cauliflower. Indeed the classic ‘gobhi ka paranthas’ are still a better deal but apart from this, how many ways that you can cook a cauliflower in? Well, here we bring you a lip smacking and spicy cauliflower recipe that you can definitely try out this weekend.
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 medium size Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Puree of 2 large sized tomatoes
- 2 Green chilies
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of sugar
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- Take a deep pan and boil all the cauliflower pieces in it. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Then drain all the water and then keep aside.
- Take another pan and heat oil in it. Add the whole spices and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the curry leaves, chilies and onions in the whole spices and cook till the leaves are golden.
- Now, add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- After cooking, add all the spice powders one by one along with 2 cups of water. Cook this until the oil separates.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté again, till the oil separates.
- Now, add the cooked cauliflower, salt and sugar. Mix well in the masala. Add water and bring it to boil. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add some curd. Take some gravy and mix in the curd. Now, add the mixture of gravy and curd into the curry.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Throw in the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with chapatti.
Image source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 13, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.