There are so many theories about healthy diet and different people believe different concepts. One of them is intuitive eating which is not a dieting concept but yields better results than nearly all diets without any sort of restrictions. This is difficult to believe but too good to be true. Intuitive eating is all about following your intuition in terms of hunger and diet. A lot of people are intuitive eaters but they themselves do not know this.
A brief about intuitive eating
Intuitive eating is patterned eating that starts with a healthy attitude. You need to have a healthy approach towards diet but without imposing any restrictions. Also, this doesn’t have any relevance to body image as you are happy with your body. The main idea behind intuitive eating is eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are content, simple. Many people eat according to time and availability which is wrong. As per experts, you should eat when you feel hungry without starving yourself.
Signs of Intuitive Eating
Watch out for these signs of an intuitive eater
- You eat only when you are hungry irrespective of other factors: Do you follow the meal timings or your hunger? This is the deciding factor. An intuitive eater eats when he feels hungry no matter what time it is. Also, he/she stops when they are full. This is a basic principle of intuitive eating. If you eat whatever you feel like eating until the stage of satisfaction, you are certainly an intuitive eater.
- You don’t believe in dieting: No matter you are fat or thin, you never follow a fad diet to achieve weight goals. There are so many diet plans out there in the market and many people blindly follow them to lose or gain weight but you aren’t one of them. Instead of jumping from one fad diet to another, you believe in eating clean but without any restrictions. Restrictive diets may produce results but they might not aid your metabolism. If you know the difference, you are an intuitive eater.
- Your diet consists of a variety of foods: Intuitive eaters are followers of a healthy lifestyle that comes with mindful eating. If your diet is full of good foods, nutrients, sometimes calorie-rich and sometimes calorie-deficient foods, you are an intuitive eater. Variety is important as it allows the body to enjoy different foods providing mental peace.
- You enjoy your food: No matter what you are eating, good or bad, healthy or unhealthy, light or heavy, you enjoy what you eat. This shows that eating is more important than the type of food. When you eat with pleasure, the foods get digested properly and boost digestive system.
- You always have the energy to do things: Food is the source of energy and we know this. Eating happily and intuitively provides an enormous amount of energy to do things that you want to do. You won’t feel fatigued at any given time of the day.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet