There are a few exercises in the Tai Chi martial arts that can help treat back pain problems with ease. Let us know them in detail here.
Lower back pain is highly common in women especially housemakers as their daily chores involve a lot of bending. They suffer from acute pain in the lower back region that sometimes gets unbearable. People who have tough jobs of lifting heavy weights are also susceptible to lower back pain. While the best feasible option seems a painkiller or a pain-reliever ointment, they are temporary and do not provide long-term effects. You may be needed one daily. Also, when someone develops a habit of pain-relieving methods, it is hard to get rid of it. Talking about long-term solutions, stretching and regular exercising are great in providing aid. Tai Chi, the internal Chinese martial arts fall on the same page. There are certain Tai Chi moves that are exceptionally great in relieving various kinds of pain. Let us know them in this article.
Tai Chi Circle Globe
This move looks easy but it is not so easy to perform.
- For Tai Chi circle globe move, bring your both hands in front.
- Now, keep one hand at the level of your chest and the other hand at the stomach level.
- Position your hands in such a way that it looks like you are holding a ball.
- Now move your right leg slightly to your right and bend your head along. Exhale and softly rotate your hand to the left side of the body.
- Shift your body weight from the right to the left side of the body.
- Change position and repeat the steps starting with the left hand and leg.
Hand wave cloud
If you have chronic back pain or arthritis, you must consider doing the hand wave cloud move. Here is how to do it step-by-step:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly apart.
- Bring your hands in front and place the left hand on the right hand.
- Rotate the body first from left to right and shift your bodyweight along.
- Now move from right to left.
- Just turn your body without moving the shoulders.
Push and pull
The third movement of Tai Chi for back pain relief is this push and pull motion.
- Stand straight and keep the knees relaxed.
- Bring both of your hands in front of your shoulder and your palms facing outwards.
- Imagine as if you are in the middle of a clock.
- Now inhale and move your hand.
- Put your right foot forward and rotate your hands like clock needles while exhaling.
- Now shift your weight, breathe and gently push your hands and rotate them around.
- Now, bring your palms inwards and try to pull the arms around you.
- Repeat the same step with the left leg.
These exercises may look simple but not very easy. You need to be careful while doing these as these are a part of martial arts training. If done correctly, these can also correct your back pain problem. Try these exercises and consult a doctor if you suffer any issue.
Read More Articles in Exercise and Fitness
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.