Managing chronic pain is not easy especially when there are so many remedial options. These are confusing as you do not know what to opt and what to ignore. People give personal advice and the Internet offers myriad home remedies to ease the pain but not all of them work for everyone. Thus we have come with some lifestyle remedies that work for one and all. Not just chronic pain, these also help in improving health and quality of life.
Resting is a very important process that we often neglect. As important it is to work and exercise the body, giving an ample amount of rest and sleep properly are also necessary. There is a term sleep hygiene which is referred to as developing good sleep practices including sleep time, sleeping patterns, before bed habits, sleeping position, etc. Upon giving proper resting time, your body would heal on its own. Besides, here are some points to consider:
- Keep the bedroom tidy. Always make the bed before sleeping as it allows peace of mind. Cleanliness in the bedroom promotes good-quality sleep.
- Keep the bedroom cool or the temperature of the room should be lower than the temperature outside. This is because when you feel cold, you would use blankets and this allows a sound sleep.
- Switch off or put aside all the devices and gadgets at least an hour before sleeping. Also, keep the lighting low to promote quick sleep.
Diet and chronic pain are related. Eating clean and healthy food helps in boosting metabolism that makes the body work out. Here are some suggestions:
- Instead of ordering food, try to prepare it yourself. This way, you are doing some labour and your body is exercised. It eliminates the risk of chronic pain.
- Eat foods in the natural form. Also, eating organic food is the best. Stay away from processed, packaged and chemically-treated foods. Eat raw coconut as it is very healthy.
- Reduce sugar intake as much as possible. While completely cutting down the sugar is not possible all of a sudden. Try to switch to healthy sugar alternatives that do not harm health. Reducing calories would benefit your body.
This is one of the very important lifestyle changes that you need to make. Chronic pain is often a result of prolonged sitting or inactivity, thus, exercising the body is crucial to eliminate pain. Even a minimal amount of physical activity every day can help in keeping the body fit.
Drink More and More Water
Drink as much water and healthy fluids as you can in a day. This is not just for dehydration but for overall health. While there is no particular value as to how much water to drink in a day, it is believed that drinking 3-4 liters of water per day is good. Fluids help in the smooth functioning of the organs thereby eliminating pain and other health issues.
Believe it or not, stress is the real reason behind most health problems including pain. Mental stress can cause physical pain. Thus, we need to learn to manage our stress. Meditate, exercise, practice yoga, adopt a hobby, listen to music, dance, paint, the options are endless. You just need to reduce the stress levels.
Read More Articles in Home Remedies