Muscle pains and aches usually occur and could be existing in more than 1 muscle. In muscle pain, various tissues such as tendons, ligaments, the soft tissues that connect muscles, fascia, and bones can also be affected. The problem of pain in the muscles can occur in both children and adults. In many cases, muscle pain starts without any severe health problems, which need not be worried about. However, sometimes it can appear as a symptom of an underlying disease. If you are suffering from muscle pain due to any serious reason, then you can also treat it with the help of household tips.
Causes of Muscle Pain: Muscle pain can be a symptom of diseases attacking your whole body, such as:
- Infections like Lyme disease, Flu, Muscle abscess, Malaria, Roundworm infection and Polio.
- Certain drugs used for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, statins and cocaine.
- Too little calcium or potassium, also known as electrolyte imbalances.
Muscle Pain Diagnosis
Your physician will take a complete memoir on the subsequent events encompassing the phenomenon of muscle pain (such as post-exercise, new vocational activities, initiation of new medications, the onset of pain). The physical examination will aim to evaluate if features of the systemic illness and muscular weakness are present. Do you know that tests cannot confirm muscle pain? But urine and blood tests can assist in diagnosing the condition of pain.
Here we are telling you about some effective home remedies that help in reducing muscle pain
- Rock salt is a home remedy for muscle pain: It contains magnesium sulfate and is a natural material for relaxing muscles. Magnesium ejects fluid from muscle tissue, causing pain. Take a cup of rock salt and put it in hot water. Now keep the affected area immersed in it till the water cools down. Keep in mind that water should not be cold enough. You can do this three times a week. Heart patients, high blood pressure or diabetes patients should talk to the doctor before trying this remedy.
- Apple cider vinegar for muscle pain: Apple cider vinegar is also very useful in relieving muscle pain. Apple cider vinegar can be implemented to the injured area, or you can drink it a teaspoon or in a glass of water. Apple cider vinegar has alkaline properties and is anti-inflammatory which reduces muscle pain and inflammation.
- Essential Oils: Certain essential oils such as lemongrass, peppermint and marjoram can be used to relieve muscle spasm and pain. Take one teaspoon of coconut oil, one olive oil like plant-derived oil and put one or two drops of essential oil in it. Massage the affected area with this.
- Cherry Juice: Sour cherry juice contains antioxidants that help reduce muscle pain. The British Journal of Sports Medicine tells that tart cherry juice is effective in relieving muscle pain. You can drink it by adding it to the smoothie after a workout.
- Cold compress is a home remedy for muscle pain: If there is a strain or pain in any muscle after the workout, take a bath immediately with cold water or compress it with cold water. Freeze cold for 20 to 30 minutes every 24 to 72 hours. This causes the inflammation to decrease due to reduced blood flow into the affected area.
- Tie bandage: Muscle aches often occur in cold weather. To remove it, tie an application over the affected area. You can also tie a hot bandage if you want.
Tips for muscle pain
- Muscle aches are widespread. Does your problem not seem to go away? Is it persistent even with the generic medicines? Then you must ask for medical help immediately.
- Also, drink plenty of water during workouts to avoid muscle pain and cramps.
- Pay attention to your posture when exercising.
- With the help of the measures as mentioned earlier, you will soon get relief from muscle pain.
Read More Articles in Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.