Most people ignore consistent heel and soles pain thinking it to be normal. Instead, it is better to aid them with some home remedies.
There can be many reasons for pain in the heel and soles. Usually, it is caused due to excessive walking, running, dancing or wearing the wrong size shoes. Apart from this, sometimes stretching of the veins can also cause pain in the feet and soles. This pain affects the quality of your life where you can see the impact of this pain on your daily activities. Do not ignore heel or soles pain. Try these easy and effective home remedies to get quick relief. If the pain persists, consult a doctor as there could be an underlying issue that requires attention.
Ice bottle massage
Ice bottle massage is very useful for people suffering from pain or swelling in the soles. This is similar to exercises for heel pain. For this, you have to fill 1/3 of the water in a plastic bottle and freeze it in the freezer.
- When the ice freezes in the bottle, take it out and wipe the bottle.
- Now place the bottle on a dry towel, cloth or doormat.
- Sit on a chair or couch and keep your foot on the bottle.
- Use your soles to move the bottle back and forth.
This will increase blood flow in your soles and give a mild muscle massage. Do this for 10-15 minutes daily until your heel pain is totally gone.
Hot and Cold Water Therapy
Hot and cold water therapy is the best way to relieve pain in the soles of the feet.
- Fill two buckets with water where one bucket has cold and second bucket has lukewarm water it in.
- First, put the feet in lukewarm water for three minutes and then after that put the feet in cold water for 3 minutes.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times without taking a break. This would help in relieving muscle or nerve tension in the feet or sole.
Rock salt is another effective home remedy, which helps in providing immediate relief from foot pain. You can look for different foot soaks.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of rock salt to a tub of hot water and mix it well.
- Now put your feet in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, apply moisturizer on your feet and gently massage them.
Oil massage not only improves blood circulation but also reduces inflammation. Using light hands, massage the oil on the feet including heels and soles. Use olive oil, lavender oil, coconut oil or ginger oil. Any oil of your choice would do.
This process increases blood circulation in the muscles. The muscles get heated that removes the lactic acid causing pain.
Ice therapy is also an effective way to reduce pain and swelling of the feet. Pour a few pieces of crushed ice in a small plastic bag and use it to massage the affected area in circular motions to relieve pain. This will also help reduce inflammation. But keep in mind that do not use ice packs for more than 10 minutes at a time as it can damage the skin and nerves.
There are some easy remedies that can provide immediate relief in your paining soles and feet. You must try them and see how wonderfully they dismiss all the pain.
Read More Articles in Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.