Stomach pain and vomiting home remedies: Viral gastroenteritis or stomach flu is a health disease which attacks people of all ages. It should not be mixed with influenza; however, as both throw up varying signs. It is caused by consuming contaminated water or spoiled foods - the bacteria which causes a viral infection in your system, that means you are suffering for at least 2 to 3 days, usually unable to eat or drink. How long does the stomach flu symptoms last? Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis signs may appear within 1 to 3 days after you are infected and can range from severe to mild. Signs usually last just 1 day or 2, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days.
The common signs of stomach flu are:
- Watery Diarrhea: Diarrhea is the first sign and the most difficult. You will feel the need to run to the toilet every few minutes; your bowels will continuously be moving and groaning.
- Vomiting: Anything that goes down will most probably come straight back up, and nothing will sit well in your stomach. Empty reaching, i.e. the motion where you try to vomit, but there is nothing to go up – is quite a regular occurrence as well.
- Fever and Headaches: You will find your temperature is probably on the high-side, which brings on the chilling factor and illness.
- Dehydration: You will be dehydrated, as you would not be able to hydrate your body (ingest anything). As well as, you will be excreting water in your diarrhoea and your sweat.
- Lethargy and Fatigue: Weakness and tiredness will set in, as you are unable to replenish the energy content and lost water your body needs.
- Dizziness: All of the above circumstances will contribute to a feeling of vertigo or dizziness. You probably would not feel confident standing up for long periods without feeling sick and weak.
- Abdominal pain: Stomach cramps, and aches.
Symptoms of stomach virus: These signs can set in at different times after your system has been contaminated, usually between four to forty-eight hours. The disease typically stays rooted in your stomach for no more than 4 days before it eventually leaves, and you begin to feel healthy by degrees. Before you fully recovered from its effects, it will take a good few days, however, as your body may have been over-burdened in coping with the illness and may have gone through a lot of physical trauma.
How to avoid stomach flu? Improve your hygiene practices (i.e. wash your hands and finger-nails regularly and only eat appropriately cooked food), to lessen your chances of acquiring this virus in the future. Watch out for others doing the same, because their hygiene can impact your health as well. Stomach virus symptoms and treatment: A doctor cannot do much for this particular strain and will probably advise that you see it out by eating easily digestible foods and drinking lots of clean, fresh water to get you through those rough few hours. But getting vitamin supplements and water into your system is paramount.
Read More Articles in Other Diseases
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.