Organic vs non-organic food: What are the health benefits? Which is better according to you?
Organic foods are growing frequently popular, and more and more individuals are opting for organic meals. Individuals who support the use of organic fruits and vegetables consider it to be more beneficial for health. The use of chemicals and other pesticides (in the 1940s) was initiated to increase food generation, and it was more accessible than using regular fertilizers, like compost or manure. Organic foods have been growing in popularity since the 1990s, due to various causes.
Pros of Organic foods
- Use of natural products: Do you know that most of the products used to produce biotic foods are natural? In the United States, for meals to be marked as organic, 95 per cent of the ingredients must be organic (used to produce). The pesticides and chemicals used for growing non-organic vegetables have been associated with many diseases, including cancer.
- More nutritious: Nutrient content of natural meals is higher than non-organic diet---like it includes more calcium, vitamin C, magnesium, iron, and chromium. Do you know that organic foods have more antioxidants? What antioxidants are known for? It helps decrease the risk of several kinds of cancer.
- More suitable for kids: Organic foods are more beneficial for kids as they are expected to be more susceptible to pesticides, and as compared to adults, their food consumption is more for their weight. Most of the chemicals used in traditional farming have been observed to be associated with asthma, behavioural or learning disorders and childhood cancers like leukaemia.
- Environmental favourable: Using less of artificial substances used for producing non-organic meals is not only useful for us but the environment as well.
Cons of Organic foods
- Price: Do you know that organically grown food may cost double as much when it is produced non-organically.
- Is it natural: This is an essential issue, or the food is just marked as organic. Have the regulations and rules for growing organic foods have been observed.
Pros of Non-Organic Foods
- Lower price: As the production price of non-organic meals is more melancholic than organic vegetables, and most farmers can get monetary support from the government, these meals cost lower than organic foods.
- A bounteous variety of food: As the amount of non-organic food farmers outnumbers organic fields, more types of foods are prepared that are produced non-organically.
Cons of Non-Organic Foods
- Harmful: The pesticides and chemicals are toxic to health (if used for growing non-organic foods). The chemicals used in traditional farming are associated with cancers, asthma and behavioural or learning disorders in kids.
- Adverse impact on the climate: Chemicals like fertilizers and pesticides can harm not only the people but the atmosphere as well. The chances to earth and our weather are apparently both long and short-term.
The prime advantages of organic meals are:
- You only eat natural food (substances) and are not exposed to artificial pesticides and chemicals.
- Inherent circumstances that can negatively influence the atmosphere are decreased or removed.
- Besides, do you have sophisticated taste buds? You may feel that organic foods taste better than traditional foods.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.