Oats idli recipe for fitness freaks
Oats are usually cooked as porridge, which is quite boring. Idli made of oats will surely make the fitness enthusiasts drool.
- Oats keep you full for a long time, resulting in lesser intake of food.
- Idli made of oats will make fitness freaks drool.
- This recipe will take only 30 minutes to prepare.
- Serve with chutney and sambar.
Owing to its multi-nutritional qualities, oats are the first choice of a fitness freak. Oats are high on fiber, vitamins and minerals, allowing the fitness enthusiasts a wholesome diet. It’s ideal if you are trying to lose weight, it keeps you full for a longer period of time resulting in lesser intake of food. Oats are usually cooked as porridge, which is quite boring. Idli made of oats will surely make the fitness enthusiasts drool.
Today we bring you taste and health, combined in one delectable fusion, oats Idli. Simple and easy to prepare, and delicious to eat, oats idli doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 3/4 cup of oats (before grounding)
- 1/2 cup of Sooji/ Rava
- Cup of Curd
- 1/2 tsp of Baking soda
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of Urad dal
- A pinch of Hing
- ¼ tsp of whole black pepper, crushed
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- Coriander leaves –little, finely chopped
- Curry leaves
How to prepare healthy oats idli
- Roast the oats. After it’s roasted, ground it till it’s powdered. Do the same with rava.
- Now, separately heat oil and add some mustard seeds. After the seeds sputter, add the seasoning ingredients. Sauté until the raw smell of carrots vaporizes.
- Take a bowl; add the powdered oats, rava, baking soda, salt, the seasoning and water to make idli batter. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In idli maker, bring water to boil, grease the idli moulds with oil or ghee. Now, pour batter into the moulds.
- Just steam for 15 minutes or until the idlis are cooked well. Remove from the heat.
- Serve with sambar and chutney.
Image source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 31, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.