Do you know that kutki is an Ayurvedic Himalayan herb, which is rich in many therapeutic properties and is used as a medicine.
Picrorhiza kurroa (kutki) herb: Ayurveda has a solution to every problem, as it has many herbs to maintain your overall health. One such herb is Kutki; it is a Himalayan herb. Kutki is used for weight loss, keeping the liver healthy and many other problems. Most of you may have never heard of this herb before, but let us tell you about its benefits here. Himalayan herb kutki is found in the mountains! It is one of the rarest herbs that can give relief from many diseases. If you include this bitter root of Kutki in your diet, then here are some of the significant benefits that you will get with the root and extracts of this Ayurvedic Booti.
- Kutki-Beneficial for asthmatic patients: The entire world under the grip of the novel coronavirus, and all of us are living in poisonous air, i.e. pollution these days. Nowadays, it isn't easy to breathe due to COVID-19. This virus causes a risk of many respiratory problems and difficulty in breathing. It is deadly for asthma patients, but if you include a kutki in your diet, it can help you. Kutki naturally has anti-inflammatory properties that open your nasal passages and eliminates any pollutants or bacteria. For asthma patients, it is highly beneficial as it limits the histamine in their body, which can worsen the condition.
- Kutki- also beneficial in fever: What do you do when you have a fever? Eat a pill? Yes, because this is the most common answer. But the consumption of these pills is not safe. Instead, consume kutki to regulate body temperature and fight the fever. The extraordinary antipyretic properties of this herb fight against sudden changes in body temperature, i.e. inflammation for relief of fever. Therefore, you should grind the root of the kutki in your diet and include the powder. Kutki powder enhances your immunity, and by consuming it, you will also stay away from seasonal diseases.
- Kutki for weight loss: Weight loss should be declared a global issue, as almost every third person is either obese or has a problem of weight gain. In such a situation, you must have seen everyone trying to lose weight. But if you want to lose weight (or whenever you feel the weight gain), then consuming kutki can help. Drinking the juice of this medicinal herb aids digestion and boosts metabolism. This enables you to stop gaining weight and burn extra fat.
- Kutki keeps the liver healthy: Consuming this Himalayan herb helps to keep away liver problems and promotes your liver health. Kutki contains a 'kutkin' or 'picrolive' enzyme, which supports liver functions and reduces issues such as biliary disorders. It cleanses the lungs to enhance liver functioning and protects the liver from bacterial attack. In this way, you can use it to detox your lungs.
- Kutki heals the injury: Just as applying turmeric to bruises and wounds quickens wound healing; similarly, kutki works. Because of its antioxidant properties, it is advantageous for damages, infections and injuries. It helps in healing the wound faster, and if some studies are to be believed, then this herb is also useful in treating psoriasis.
Read More Articles in Ayurveda
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.