Jenny Craig Diet Plan for Losing Weight
The Jenny Craig diet is a weight loss program that has been adopted by a number of celebrities to lose weight.
Losing Weight With the Jenny Craig Diet
The Jenny Craig diet is a weight-loss program in which you will have to meet a personal consultant—either at a local Jenny Craig centre, or talk to them over the phone if you are going to follow the program from home. The consultant individualises the diet plan based on your eating habits, activity level, and motivation level.
On the Jenny Craig diet, three prepackaged Jenny Craig meals and one snack is provided to be eaten in a day. In addition to these, you can eat your own fresh fruits and vegetables. The Jenny Craig meals generally contain cereal for breakfast, a snack bar with non-fat yoghurt to be eaten at mid-morning, a turkey burger with a salad and fruit for lunch, vegetable sticks for an afternoon snack, chicken and pasta with vegetables for dinner, and a piece of chocolate cake for dessert.
The Jenny Craig diet, recommends daily exercise besides calorie control to lose weight. You will have to meet your consultant every week to keep you on track.
The Jenny Craig Diet: Pros and Cons
There is no master diet plan that can work for every one. You will have to find a diet plan that works for you.
Some pros of Jenny Craig weight-loss program include
- You don’t have to worry about calories as you are provided with three prepackaged Jenny Craig meals and one snack which have to be eaten in one day. A major benefit of the meal is that you do not have even bother to prepare your meal.
- As you have a personal consultant you get one-on-one support. This support system can work wonders for you and help you to stick to the diet plan.
- The diet is scientifically sound as it is based on the Food Guide Pyramid.
Some drawbacks of Jenny Craig weight-loss program include
- You are not taught healthy eating habits or given nutritional education. You may lose weight while on the program but maintaining the target weight can be difficult as you are not taught healthy eating habits.
- The staff or the consultant are not qualified nutritionists or trained health professionals.
- The diet is expensive.
The Jenny Craig Diet: Short-Term and Long-Term Effects
The Jenny Craig Diet Plan is good for a short term as it contains low-calorie, and healthy food choices. The personal support system can help you to follow the diet. But as you are not given nutritional education, after the diet you may find it difficult to maintain your weight. It is not a realistic option for a lot of people as it is expensive. You may try it to reach your target weight but an important thing after that will be to follow healthy eating and living to maintain your ideal weight.
To know more about Jenny Craig Diet Plan, Visit jennycraig.com website
Read more articles on Diet Plans
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 24, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.