Diet Plans- You can make a significant difference to premenstrual stress by making only few changes in your diet.
PMS or premenstrual stress severely affects the lives of many women. If you are also one of them, you do not need to live with it anymore. You can make a significant difference by making a few changes in your diet. Here are a few tips that would help you fight against PMS.
- Reduce your intake of fat especially saturated fat and trans fat as they trigger prostaglandin production, which in turn, has an adverse effect on neurotransmitter sensitivity and may also change cerebral blood flow. It makes PMS worse. Moreover, while you approach middle age, it leads to high cholesterol level and weight gain.
- One of the common PMS symptoms are irritate moods. To fight against it, calcium proves to be of a great help. The ideal dose of calcium is about 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams a day. Some of the major sources of calcium are milk, yoghurt, broccoli, white beans. So try to include these ingredients to your PMS diet.
- Some women find it difficult to button their pants during or before their menstruation as a result of increased water retention. By reducing your consumption of sodium, you can make a significant difference in fluid retention. Some of the preserved foods have high sodium level. Therefore, check the ingredients of packaged foods and study their sodium content before buying them. However, the best thing to do would be to cut down on these packaged food and consume more of fresh foods.
- Consumption of wine alleviatePMS symptoms. Therefore, it is advisable to have a glass of wine along with your dinner. It will help in keeping your mood swings under control.
- Include a large amount of food that is rich in fiber. It helps in fighting against one of the major PMS symptoms that is constipation. It also minimises the absorption of glucose in the blood stream and thus regulates the blood sugar level. Therefore, include large amount of fiber rich fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- If you are troubled with acne and oily skin before menstruation, then consumption of vitamin A is essential for you. It helps in controlling excessive oil secretion.. Eggs, green peas, mangoes, carrots are some good source of vitamins.
- Women, who are addicted to coffee or other caffeinated beverages, need to stay away from caffeinated drinks as it has an adverse effect on PMS symptoms. It further increases sleeping disorder and tension which is already disturbed due to PMS. Moreover, it also aggravates hot flushes.
Apart from these dietary plans, you must make it a point to drink plenty of water and exercise regularly in order to fight PMS symptoms. It is very normal to have excessive food craving prior to your menstruation, so satisfy this craving with healthy and PMS- friendly food. Now is the time to take charge in your hands and control your PMS, rather than being controlled by it.
Read more articles on Diet Plans
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.