WHAT IS BODY LANGUAGE? It is nonverbal communication that we speak (often silently) through our physical behaviours, facial expressions, gestures, body posture, and eye movement. Whenever we talk to someone, we talk not only through words but also through body language. You must have read a lot of books, but do you know you can read a face too? It is generally said that your face is the mirror of your thoughts, and not only the look but the whole body language gives information about a person. But it is essential to know about one's body language. So let's learn some things about body language.
- EXPERT OPINION: Many experts believe that people pay attention to your body language more than your words. This is why whenever someone tells us that 'I am okay' or 'I do not have any problem', we immediately understand whether they are lying or not. A baby also speaks and listens to the mind from their body language, and they learn a language later. Not only this, despite the different expression of people (of every region, country and class), body language tells a lot.
- CONFIDENT SHOULDERS: The expressions tell the mental state of men. The men who walk with the shoulders and chest widened are usually the ones who command others and are angry. They are also physically healthy, have high self-confidence and do not fall ill quickly.
- ASSESSMENT OF ONE'S PERSONALITY: When someone goes to meet someone (for the first time), then their body language matters a lot. At times, only gestures matter in a relationship. So remember that it is only through your body language, you can assess an individual's personality.
- COSTUMES: Your clothes (how to wear them) and make-up etc. also affect your body language significantly. It would be best if you always carry comfortable clothes and makeup. At the same time, your walking style, the way you get up or sit down changes, should be paid attention to.
- EYES SPEAK TOO: Do you know your eyes also have their language, and to a large extent, this is also true; otherwise, the gestures have no meaning. In body language, the eyes act as a great tool. If you are meeting someone for a job interview, then you should always maintain an eye-contact (this also boosts your confidence).
- PAY ATTENTION TO BODY LANGUAGE AT WORK: Whether you are at home or going out to work, it is necessary to pay attention to your body language. Whether you are at home or in the office, you can also influence the members with your body language and make you feel good.
- DAILY MAIL REPORT: Based on a study, the researchers said that your body, rather than your face, shows what is going on in your mind. According to the Daily Mail report, when men and women were asked to identify their gestures by giving passport size photographs, they could not do so, but when they were given the full picture (from head to shoulder), they were able to do it better.
Read More in Mind and Body