Fight bad breath sitting at home. Here are a few effective remedies that you can try at home. Say goodbye to bad breath!
- Stir two teaspoon full of baking soda in a glass of water and add a whole lemon to it. Wash your mouth with this solution after you have food. The concoction can be made better and more useful if dried cloves (crushed and powdered), and a pinch of thyme is added to it for best results.
- Chewing cloves every morning right after brushing the teeth helps cure bad breath in two to three weeks effectively. Remember to stew the cloves in a pan of water for ten minutes before chewing them.
- Why worry when some homemade yoghurt can do the trick? The yeasts present in yoghurt helps fight bad breath and also prevents further bacteria to develop in the cavity. Yoghurt also helps increase the good bacteria required in the oral cavity.
- The easiest way is to sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on your toothpaste every morning before brushing your teeth. Baking soda controls the growth rate of the bacteria.
- Gargle with salt stirred in warm water twice a day for two weeks followed by once a day for another two weeks.
- Avoid consuming food items that have caffeine, refined carbohydrates and starch content. This includes carbonated drinks, cookies, cakes and other confectionaries, ice creams and syrups.
- Have at least two to three litres of water every day.
- Make it a habit of brushing twice daily.
- Boil a handful of fenugreek seeds in half litre of water and let it cool. Strain the water and drink the water every day. One glass of this homemade drink can cure bad breath even before you know it.
- Have fibre rich food. At times, obstacles in bowel formation give rise to foul smelling breath.
- Chew unripe guavas or its tender leaves to avoid that stink in your breath.
Try out these tips and let us know if it did work out for you! Get going and bid farewell to bad breath!
Read more articles on Understand Oral Health Conditions
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.