Sciatica is a disease in which the patient experiences terrible pain. The main reason for this is the sciatic nerve. It is the nerve that moves from the lower part of the spine to the backside of the knee. When the body is kept in the same position for a long time, the pain of sciatica increases which is unbearable. Let us talk a little bit about Sciatica and take a quick look at all the aspects related to it.
Sciatica is a disease in which the patient suffers from unbearable pain and sometimes this pain becomes so unbearable that the patient is disillusioned even after getting up. The main cause of sciatica is the sciatic nerve, which is the nerve that goes from the lower part of the spine to the back of the knee towards the foot. This pain is aggravated by keeping the body in the same position for a longer period and often this problem occurs in people who work in one place for a long time.
Excessive cycling, riding a motorcycle or scooter also puts pressure on the cytological nerve. Sometimes this type of pain occurs due to sudden stress on the bones. This type of pain usually occurs at the age of 40-50 years and the disease is more seen during rainy or cold weather.
Also Read: What Is Sound Bath Therapy and How It Works
Symptoms of sciatica
- Sudden unbearable pain in bones
- Buttock pain
- Numbness at the time of pain
- Experiencing extreme pain even while lying down and shaking leg slightly
This disease often occurs at an older age and it becomes very difficult for a patient to cope with the pain because he is unable to do his daily work due to the acute pain.
Methods of diagnosis with sciatica
- The first thing that comes in such a disease is diet, take a diet that is very light for your body.
- Take a bath with lukewarm water during pain.
- You can also take a sunbath.
- Protect yourself from the cold and wear environment-friendly clothes.
- Exercise in the morning or go for a walk.
- Do not sit or stand in one position for long. If you are in the office, keep your feet moving while you sit.
Magnetic therapy is also one of the new methods of medicine. Adopting techniques like acupressure and acupuncture can also be found to be safe from this disease.
Read more in Mind and Body