Get some Ayurvedic tips to reduce body heat. There are certain food items and yoga postures that can help in preventing excess of body heat.
The summer season brings the harmful effects of the rising mercury on the human body. According to Ayurveda, it is ‘pitta’ or the body heat that allows body metabolism to work normally. When ‘pitta dosh’ occurs, the body heat becomes very high. This increase in body heat is sudden and undesirable and results in disruption of normal metabolism and chemical imbalance in the body. The rising temperature contributed to a rise in the body temperature which can create many health problems. When the body heat increases one may experience symptoms such as acne, heartburn, skin rashes, and diarrhea, thus, it is often recommended to reduce body heat with Ayurveda.
Reducing Body Heat with Ayurveda
The body heat can be quite discomforting and irritating for some people. It not just occurs due to sweat, but is a common problem that you might be facing during summers. Here are some tips to reduce body heat naturally:
- Avoid fried, spicy foods that can cause your normal body temperature to go up. Instead, a diet rich in foods such as, cucumber and steamed green vegetables reduce body heat significantly. Buttermilk and muskmelon are also known to reduce body heat
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated
- Sabja (basil) seeds, soaked in water for some time and then added to milk with rosewater are effective in reducing body heat
- Yoga exercises, such as pranayama, suryanamaskar and trikonasana help in cooling the body. Combined with meditation, they calm your body and mind, channelize your energies, and cool your body
- Herbal teas made from coriander, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and rosewater, improve metabolism and help lower body temperature. Both chamomile and peppermint tea soothe the body
- Massage your body with herbal oils to improve blood circulation and cool the body. Coconut oil is one of the best oils to maintain body temperature
- Drink coconut water for a cooling and reaxing sensation
- Drinking a full glass of cold water can also be helpful to reduce the extra body heat
- You can both apply and consume aloe vera for better relief
Ayurveda for Body Heat
- Avoid sugar and instead, go for sweeteners such as molasses and honey to regulate body heat
- You can have half a cup of beaten yoghurt with water after every meal to bring down body heat. Yogurt is a natural cooling agent
- Any physical activity, such as swimming or gardening performed in calm and cool environments will help reduce body heat
- You can wear clothes in light pastel colours for a cooling effect. Fabrics such as linen and cotton keep the body cool
- You can also take a mixture of milk and one teaspoon almond powder with a pinch of turmeric powder to reduce body heat with Ayurveda
- Reduce consumption of too much salt, oil and spices as they add heat to the body. Avoid processed and fast foods for the same reason
- There is no single way to reduce body heat with Ayurveda, which is actually a vast assortment of remedies. It is better to consult an Ayurvedic physician to get advice on the best course of treatment
Read more articles on Ayurveda.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.