The actual coffee contains caffeine. If you are a coffee lover who likes to sip several mugs of coffee every day, do you know the amount of caffeine going inside your body with coffee? The average cup of coffee contains about 95mg of caffeine! There are many health disadvantages of caffeine consumption including disturbed body clock, poor sleep, anxiety, digestive issues, high BP, increased heart rate, muscle breakdown, to name but a few. We know it is hard to get over any addiction in a spur of the moment. Is it possible to cut down caffeine without compromising with coffee? Yes. Keep reading if you want to know the healthy alternative of coffee or caffeine-free coffee.
Chickpea Coffee- The Caffeine-Free Coffee
Would you try chickpea coffee? As compared to regular coffee, this special coffee made from chickpeas is good for your health as it is caffeine-free. The best thing about chickpea coffee is that it replaces regular coffee in terms of taste and health, both. It tastes just like your everyday coffee! It sounds unbelievable, right?
Chickpea coffee is a great idea to limit the consumption of tea or coffee that is loaded with caffeine. There are many health dangers of caffeine including anxiety, restlessness, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, sleeplessness and digestive issues. Caffeine is the reason why it is suggested to consume tea and coffee in moderation. But if you cannot do without coffee then switch to this special spicy chickpea coffee. This will help stimulate the brain and central nervous system and keep you alert. Apart from this, drinking this chickpea coffee will help to reduce fatigue. Learn the recipe for chickpea coffee and its benefits below.
How to make chickpea coffee
- To make chickpea coffee, you must first wash and dry chickpeas or chhole.
- Now keep a heavy-bottomed pan on the gas.
- When the pan is lightly heated add the chickpeas and roast them for 20-30 minutes till they turn brown. Keep the flame low while roasting.
- Now, take them out on a plate and allow them to cool.
- When they are slightly cold, grind them in a grinder to make a fine powder.
- They can be difficult to grind at once, so grind them a little bit.
- Now take an airtight container and store this powder in the container. It can last for about a month.
- Now you can make this coffee like normal coffee, just use chickpea powder instead of coffee powder. You can make both hot or cold coffee from it.
Benefits of Chickpea Coffee
- Chickpea coffee helps in controlling your blood pressure.
- Chickpea is a good source of dietary fiber, so chickpea coffee is also good for diabetic patients.
- Chickpea coffee also maintains your heart health. This is because chickpeas contain fiber, potassium, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, and selenium. All of these support heart health.
- Apart from this, Chickpea is also helpful in controlling cholesterol.
- Chickpea Coffee is helpful in promoting digestion and improving functions of the nervous system.
Without wasting your time, try out chickpea coffee and say goodbye to caffeine. It is easy to make this coffee and it tastes great.
Read More Articles in Healthy Diet
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.